Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Billions (Showtime) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 9, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

2. airik625

Anyone still watch?

3. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

Yeah, I'm caught up... it's okay.

4. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

This comes back this weekend!!

5. I started season 1 a week ago and damn do I love this. Does it stay consistently good throughout the seasons?

6. jciswhatis

ehhh... not really it stays very much the cat and mouse game between the two of them which depending on how you like your shows... grows a little stale to me.

Brent likes this.
  7. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Streaming now.

8. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Super cheesy episode/story line bringing Dexter, another Showtime show into the series.

9. Is it just me or has this season been terrible so far?

Brent likes this.
  10. BackwardsWalker

Regular

It’s been like 3 episodes of set-up. Absolutely no momentum.

Brent likes this.
  11. Iain

Regular

Resurrecting this thread. Cant wait for the season finale.

Although really struggling with the clean shaven Chuck Roades character!!!

12. jciswhatis

Forgot I watched the first 7 episodes of this season and didn't have much desire to keep going but since it's only 5 episodes I will probably knock it out on a Saturday. They better be good though or probably be back for Season 6.

13. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Fantasy rock camp seems legit.

Iain likes this.
  14. Iain

Regular

Didn’t expect it, but I’m really enjoying season 6 and the direction they are going with it.

15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Brent and Iain like this.
  16. Iain

Regular

With this and succession finishing i have a fairly big hole in my tv dramas!!!

17. jciswhatis

Axe is back?!?

Brent likes this.
  18. airik625

Stopped watching this show somewhere in the 4th season because they seemed to fall into this cyclical buddies/enemies theme that they could somehow never grow past.

19. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

I started binging this because the final season just premiered, and I have Showtime so why not? Almost done with season 2.

"Exceedingly okay" is probably the best way I rate this show so far.

20. Halitosis Jones Aug 18, 2023
    (Last edited: Aug 19, 2023)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

The writing in this show is so unnatural and "writer-ey". The dialogue doesn't seem true to these characters. Bunch of people constantly making witty pop culture references that nobody actually in this world would ever make. Reminds me Sorkin at some points.

Just watched a scene where an investment banker says "they're going to suck out our brains like they're bugs on Klandathu", soon after someone quotes Chaka Khan lyrics in front of a bunch Saudi sheiks.

Brent likes this.
  21. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, it really is wayyyy to crisp at times and not sounding natural at all in the dialogue. And then there's that ending shot of the presidential run announcement with the mil peeps in uniform at the event, which is just annoying to me since you're not allowed to do that stuff in uniform.

Halitosis Jones likes this.
  22. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Also the this has the most obvious on the nose music supervisor I have ever seen. Just watched a montage about a railroad scheme Chuck is doing scored to Grateful Dead's Casey Jones.

23. Halitosis Jones Aug 19, 2023
    (Last edited: Aug 20, 2023)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

One thing I love about this show is the build up Chuck's brilliant schemes and legal traps. The stuff with Bryan at the end of season 4 was so well done.

24. jciswhatis

My biggest issue has always been the music. It’s so obvious Koppelman Levien love the 80s/90s rock and so many scenes that it doesn’t fit at all.

Halitosis Jones likes this.
  25. Halitosis Jones Aug 23, 2023
    (Last edited: Aug 23, 2023)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Just finished season 5. That ending ruled. Fully invested in this now.