Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Billie Joe Interviewed in Q Magazine

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Green Day’s interview in the latest episode of Q Magazine can be found over at GreenDayAuthority. Billie Joe’s comment about the trilogy is just about dead on:

Those records have absolutely no direction to them. It was about being prolific for the sake of it. So we were just going and going.

2. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

I can always appreciate an artist being honest about a failure.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  3. Eml182

Regular

Those 3 albums only counted as 1 for their contract. I think the production hurt them as well - everything felt so damn stale, no variation. They could have easily made a great record out of those 3 songs with a little more conviction. Bang Bang already has UDT beat on production sound - which is a good start.

4. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

It's actually reassuring that Green Day realizes how lackluster those albums were

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  5. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I think this album will be like warning in terms of reception and popularity. I don't see it being massive.

6. Joseph Pepe

It hurts me to think about how many dollars were spent on those records for them to be basically a subtitle of such an epic career as a band. How did someone not speak up in their camp and say "Maybe these records aren't THAT great guys...?" Anyway, I'm stoked for the new album sounds like the band has their heads on straight again!

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  7. ChairMaster04

I remain convinced that a good album lurks within the trilogy if you dig around for it. Here's my attempt to cut the crap:

8. ale_av

Woah, is great to know he's self-aware about those albums. Good interview:thumbup: hope the new album has some good stuff on it

9. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Haha that is very different than what my compilation would be...

10. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Hopefully a little direction is a good thing. I like the sound of the new track, but not the lyrics. My expectations have never been lower for a Green Day album so hopefully I dig it. They've been my favourite band forever.

11. TheZeroKid

I'm Not Holden Caulfield Prestigious

I liked the Uno/Dos/Tre for the novelty of it. Once I took out that godawful song on Dos, it was an even 12 songs on each album. I still think they should've taken the best out of all of those and made 1 good Green Day album instead of 3 mediocre ones. If I could curate it (evenly spread between all 3 records), it'd be:

1. Nuclear Family
    2. Let Yourself Go
    3. Kill The DJ
    4. Loss Of Control
    5. Fuck Time
    6. Stop When The Red Lights Flash
    7. Lazy Bones
    8. Wow, That's Loud!
    9. 8th Avenue Serenade
    10. X-Kid
    11. Sex, Drugs, And Violence
    12. Dirty Rotten Bastards

12. Josh100_3

See, everyone says there's a good album within the trilogy but nobody can agree on what said album tracklist would be :P

13. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

X-Kid 12 times in a row should be the agreed upon track listing.

Turkeylegz likes this.