Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Billie Joe Armstrong Talks New Green Day Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day talked with Kerrang a little about the band’s upcoming album:

Trump gives me diarrhoea (laughs), you know? I don’t want to write a song about it!

It’s just more about trying to empathise with people’s situations. It’s just a crazy time. When I was a kid, my parents had six kids. My dad was a trucker and my mother was a waitress, and they bought a home in California in the ’70s with five kids living in the house. That is an impossible thing to do right now in California – if not in other places. And that’s what scares me a little bit more – what’s going to happen to people in the future.

2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Housing in San Diego is absolutely absurd. It also worries me about the future lol.

joey-wan kenobi likes this.
  3. That comment makes me sad. When I was a kid, I loved that Green Day got political on American Idiot. That album interested me to the point of educating myself about politics. Now, when it feels arguably much more important to be educated, he makes a remark about Trump giving him diarrhea? Disappointing.

4. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I actually get that. As much as art can be an outlet for some people, and as much as I enjoyed American Idiot, writing politically charged songs requires sitting down and thinking about/facing our current political climate and that... fucking sucks. It's exhausting and mentally draining. If that's not what he can focus on right now, I understand.

jeff.dart and 333 GANG like this.
  5. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

No issue with this at all. Regardless of whatever politics are being discussed (whether in agreement or not) I usually prefer to keep it separate from music. I like to use listening to music as my escape from all of the crap that goes on.

6. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

CA housing is literally rich, or poor. Thats it.

7. ZeoVGM

Regular

As much as I wanted them to tackle Trump, I understand why people don't. We all just want fall 2020 to get here so we can end this shit.

People are just tired.