Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Billie Joe Armstrong Posts About Charlottesville

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day has shared a post regarding the events in Charlottesville over the weekend:

Omaha!! what a show! I love the heartland. nothing makes me feel more inspired than hearing an arena singing together.. so many thoughts today.. my heart feels heavy. I feel like what happened in charlottesville goes beyond the point of anger. it makes me sad and desperate. shocked. I fucking hate racism more than anything. music and social justice have always gone hand and hand with me. we wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for “the time they are a changing” .. some people don’t agree. the spirit of green day has always been about rising above oppression. and sticking up for what you believe in and singing it at the top of your lungs. we grew up fearing nuclear holocaust because of the cold war. those days are feeling way too relevant these days. these issues are our ugly past.. and now it’s coming to haunt us. always resist these doomsday politicians. and in the words of our punk forefathers .. Nazi punks fuck off.