Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Billie Joe Armstrong Gives Support to PRotests • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 11, 2016.

1. aniafc

Trusted

I may have misrepresented myself in that last paragraph -- I'm not with those people. Just simply saying I know people like that.

Also yes, it surprising that he won in the sense that he ran a hate-filled campaign. Not only that, but it's disgusting, too. However, at one point do we realize that racism has always been alive and well in the U.S.? It never went away, people just never had someone to lead them in this position of power. He knew America was full of hatred and that's the card he played.

Now is he actually going to be like that? I don't know. I've watched some videos where he defends LGBT rights, and defends people coming into this country. I've also watched videos where he's the polar opposite of that -- I think it depends on the crowd he was in front of. But how is he going to be in front of all of America? Is he going to be Trump the democrat, or Trump the super-reublcican? That's what scares me the most, is we have no clue which version of this guy we're gonna get for four years.

Unless on December 19th 270 people from the electoral college says "lol jk we are going to vote for Clinton instead" (unlikely).

2. Many of us have been SCREAMING THIS for years now. All the people that put their fingers in their ears need to wake the fuck up now.

I think he'll be who he's been for 70 years. A self serving bigot that is patently clueless about the job he now has.

3. aniafc

Trusted

I'm with you. I've been trying to talk to people about racism and do all that I can and everyone's like "awh is that your white guilt?" No, it's not "white guilt." It's called opening your eyes and seeing this country for what it is. This guy showed the rest of the world this country's true colors. All of the work Obama has tried to do to repair that image, just got thrown away.

What bothers me, too, is people who say "well I like him because he's not just another corrupt politician." Like okay, listen, politics is politics. You have to play a game to get things done your way sometimes, and that means playing nice in the sandbox with other politicians. Trump won't do that, and that's going to eventually bite him right in the ass (like it already has started to).

All of the ugly things going on in the world right now, he's responsible for that. He's brought that out of people and showed them that it's okay. I've seen women on FB blame other women for being sexually assaulted/raped nowadays. That's horrible, even women have been conditioned by this guy and his supporters that it can be their fault depending on what they wear.

He isn't even officially president yet, which means the worst is yet to come.

4. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

He reversed his policy on South Korea relationship and after a coversation with Obama said he may not repeal Obamacare. So yes, he is.

Raku likes this.
  5. Carlos

Um... the whole thing is that the polls were made to seem like she was winning with questions and propaganda to further the narrative that they perpetuated. So in a way, the polls were rigged. And thats why you get what you get. They did the same thing with Brexit. Liberal voters were putting themselves into an isolated echo chamber, while you only paid attention to the loudest obnoxious voices (Trumps included) there were a many obviously who went unheard that nobody paid attention too. This was even on the democrats side. It was very well established, that the next elect would be outside the establishment, to start something new. Instead of the same ole same ole. It wasn't people who were sexist, racist, bigoted etc. That is simply scape goating the issue, it was people getting sick and tired that they would get called that if they stated an idea even unrelated that would make the other side uncomfortable. We dont debate anymore. The left ironically enough relies on hate speech, and bullying to supress others, and make their views socially acceptable. This is the cause and effect of that plus many other factors. Yet again you dont have to agree with me, but Trump is going to be your new president. So help him along, dont burn the ship and bail, he said he wants to work and represent all americans, so call him on it, help him out, its your country too, and its you he is trying to help. This is what being grown up is about.

Raku likes this.
  6. This is just stupid. First, the polls showed what they showed, she was up in states with a high number of undecideds. Those undecideds moved toward Trump after a letter from Comey. They were, in the end, off by less than than in 2012. The polls were not rigged.

This is ridiculous, I spent the last 4 months screaming about how this election would be close and people should vote. There are thousands of such posts by me in our general political thread.

They voted for a bigot. They get to own that.

Sure we do, but we don't get to debate about "I don't like black people."

Fuck that. I will not normalize bigoted white-nationalism.

Cliché Guevara and jawbreaker like this.
  7. No, after a meeting with Obama he did exactly what he always does because he's a fucking child and parroted the last thing he heard. He did not say he may not repeal Obamacare, he said he thought there were a few things worth keeping (like pre-existing conditions, 26 age, and the mandate). These are things he's said before. We'll see what Paul Ryan and congress puts up for him to sign as they hint they want to privatize Medicare at the same time. So, no, he has not said he may not repeal Obamacare.

8. jellyfishfossil

Regular

George Soros says "thank you" to all of the people protesting.

Raku and Robk like this.
  9. aniafc

Trusted

What's really frightening is that the GOP controls a lot in the government right now, too. While they and Trump don't agree on everything, they're gonna have a lot of power.

10. chickenlover

Said I'm okay, but I know how to lie.

Dude. Seriously now. If you say someone who acts / speaks like Trump in that "grab them by the pussy" video is misogynic, every fucking guy on this planet was one time in his life. This is so ridiculous. Trump didn't even talk like an asshole in this video. Being offended by this is just stupid.

Davjs and Raku like this.
  11. are you fucking kidding me

12. chickenlover

Said I'm okay, but I know how to lie.

Nope. When you're out with guys almost everyone talks like this sometimes. Better worry 'bout FBI investigations instead of this.

Raku likes this.
  13. Aaron Mook Nov 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 12, 2016)
    No, when I'm out with friends, none of them talk like this and neither do I. If I knew someone who did talk like this, I would make sure never to interact with them again because it's fucking disgusting. There is absolutely reason to worry about a now President-Elect bragging about sexually assaulting women.

14. ekjohnson4

Not Hydra

Fair enough.

15. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

You should give Revolution Radio another listen

16. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

You're legitimately the first person I've seen try to defend this, and I know some seriously shitty people. Unbelievable

17. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

The sad part is, I'm sure a lot of men do talk like that. does that make it okay?? not even a little bit. just because it's a thing that happens often doesn't mean it should or is acceptable. just means misogyny is wide spread and unfort largely normalized.

18. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, that's another good point...it's pretty likely that most men have been misogynistic at some point, but that doesn't excuse any of it.

beachdude42 likes this.
  19. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

you're either a troll or a garbage human being. I'm done with you.

20. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Yep, I actually made a comment about this recently: https://forum.chorus.fm/posts/618336

21. aniafc

Trusted

I think a lot of men have said some questionable things at one point, most likely in high school. However, I don't think it was anywhere close to the things Trump said, or even about sexual assault. I would bet, however, that a lot of high school boys slut shamed and things of that nature in school. The difference is obviously they're in high school between the ages of 14-18 and were probably bitter about their girlfriend or something dumping them. Yeah, those comments can lead down a darker road like the one Trump is on, but most of the time it doesn't.

However, the high school I went to is SO bad that even the women I went to school with will blame other women for being assaulted/raped depending on how they dressed. Like the shitty men at my school and in my town convinced the women that they were to blame. It's sad.

Trump has definitely normalized these things and to say it's not an issue is pure ignorance.

beachdude42 likes this.
  22. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

What in the fuck...

23. Guess he owes me a check.

jellyfishfossil likes this.
  24. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I think it does happen in hs and also largely after. I think a lot of men say awful things about assault just like trump, largely because the way consent is viewed and men's entitlement. Wouldn't be able to tell you most guys grow out of it since I hear it so frequently that it doesn't feel that way. with education and understanding men can def learn and don't always carry that into older age, but tons of them never learn it's wrong and are never taught to behave any better because of that normalization so I'm pretty jaded about the whole thing

25. Holy fuck what is wrong with you. No. No. No. This is not ok.

Dirty Sanchez and CoffeeEyes17 like this.