Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? (March 29, 2019) Album • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Jan 29, 2019.

1. ilomilo might be my most favorite previously-unreleased track so far. I think it occupies such an interestingly interstitial space, closer to When the Party's Over lyrically but closer to Bad Guy sonically. Up until that point, most of the mid/up-tempo songs are either tongue-in-cheek like Wish You Were Gay or arrogant(?) like You Should See Me in a Crown. Other sequencing issues aside, it serves as a perfect bridge between Bury a Friend and the three slower songs that close out the album.

ImAMetaphor and unbornwhiskey like this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This is a lame complaint, but I'm not a fan of how commercialized this girl is already.

3. the only song I skip on this is 8 - sheesh

sean_rugy likes this.
  4. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I truly don’t understand how someone could think all the songs sound the same here, ha

5. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Just realized this is her first album wtf. Love what I’ve heard from her before, checking out the album today.

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

She has another EP/album thing that's really good too, give it a listen

Jacob likes this.
  7. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Finally got around to listening to this. Honestly getting huge Yeezus vibes off of a few tracks.

8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The only thing I’d change about Billie is that she had some type of merch that wasn’t super ugly.

jkauf likes this.
  9. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I like some of her merch! But I’m too old to own it lol

10. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I get next to nothing out of this record, with the exception of of "Wish You Were Gay", "When the Party's Over", and "Bury a Friend". It's way too monotonous and something about her lyrical style comes off really forced.

11. irthesteve

but have you listened in the dead of the night in the dark with headphones?

12. Tried putting Ilomilo into Guitar Pro; I think I'm gonna cover it. Does this sound right? Found chords and tabs online, but I figured out the bass and drums by myself.

13. Nevermind.

14. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

The best of the bunch, in my obvious personal opinion haha, but she sadly doesn't get the press and attention the others get.

15. Lucas27

Trusted

This album isn't sticking with me as I'd hoped. I really love that something this minimalist is blowing up, but it's also almost a bit too minimalist. I find myself getting bored, which feels weird for an album as eclectic and interesting as this one.

16. Trying this out. Halfway through, I think it works so far.

!!!!!!!
    bad guy
    all the good girls go to hell
    wish you were gay
    my strange addiction
    xanny
    listen before i go
    when the party's over
    you should see me in a crown
    bury a friend
    ilomilo
    i love you
    goodbye

Not that it matters that much because I mostly listen to the physical CD and skipping around would be impractical. Posting for the sake of discussion, I guess. What's your ideal song order?

Things I kept the same, Bad Guy is the perfect first song. I Love You into Goodbye is the perfect closing. Of course, Bury a Friend and Ilomilo are inseparable as well. As for changes, I mostly tried pairing together songs that felt similar to each other, like the more whimsical Wish You Were Gay and My Strange Addiction. Keeping 8 as the 8th track was a bit of a challenge. Switching 8 and Listen Before I Go would've probably been a bit more ideal, but I honestly don't feel like any of the singles pre-Bad Guy should be in the first half. I think this way it has a sort of Side A/Side B feel, without losing too much momentum from start to finish.

For real, though, I love most of these songs and like the rest, I'm just glad Billie and this album exist.

17. irthesteve

wouldn't change anything in the track order here

18. irthesteve

second biggest first week sales of the year after Ariana

JamesMichael likes this.
  19. Maybevictor Apr 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 8, 2019)
    Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Really surprised that pure sales accounted for so much. Thought this would have a pretty good sales week but absolutely KILL it on streaming but it looks like it was almost even.

JamesMichael likes this.
  20. manoverboard365

Trusted

Holy Moly 307,000.

It was so crazy walking around Times Square last night and seeing huge 100 foot billboards of her. The amount she's grown in 12 months is seriously impressive.

JamesMichael likes this.
  21. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

She’s definitely done well to get so big so quick. Album rules I think.

22. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

23. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

This was a very interesting interview and a very cool concept. She seems really down to earth and very introspective and appreciative which is not only impressive for her age but very refreshing

24. Dog with a Blog

I’m enjoying this so much more than I expected. I thought her EP was alright but this is pretty damn solid. Love the production on this

25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Listening right now actually

Dog with a Blog likes this.