Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? (March 29, 2019) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Jan 29, 2019.

1. :teethsmile:

2. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

He clarified the statement

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  3. I mean, that's what I thought he meant by it from the get-go...

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. So his clarification is partially to equate “rock n roll” with authenticity

5. I think Donald Glover once described what he was trying to accomplish with Childish Gambino as punk, that do whatever you want not giving a shit what other people think attitude; I don't see anything wrong with that, either?

6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

He’s also referred to Lil Pump as punk rock. I think he’s just a dad that’s connecting something from his time to something that’s big currently.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  7. Yeah maybe. I just never thought he was referring to her sound.

8. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

it was her feature in the Apple ad from the holidays that made me finally check her out and I'm so glad I did.

album will be massive.

9. PauLo

43% Burnt

So, I gave her an actual listen. Turns out this kids is kinda great, huh? How is she only 17?

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Kuri44 and sean_rugy like this.
  11. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

goddam wow

12. btr

Trusted Supporter

Kuri44 likes this.
  13. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I, uh, am not feeling this one

mescalineeyes likes this.
  14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

15. irthesteve

7 song performance

16. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

Wish u were gay kinda sucks I’m sorry

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, it's the first Billie song I haven't liked.

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  18. ImAMetaphor

It’s really bad. Still hyped for the album, though.

19. irthesteve

weird, I find it pretty similar to what she's done before and not extremely exciting, but not bad

Justin Roux likes this.
  20. btr

Trusted Supporter

Idk how it’s that much different than anything else she’s put out

21. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Something can be a variant of an artist's sound and still be bad. The lyrical content isn't great. Not quite "UR So Gay" territory, but it feels like it's flirting with that line.

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  22. irthesteve

on that side of things I can't say how I feel, haven't paid attention to the lyrics there at all. But yes, the title alone makes me go :chin::chin: a bit

23. ImAMetaphor

I’m mostly referring to the lyrics. Musically, it’s not bad, but it’s not anywhere as interesting as something like When The Party’s Over or Bury a Friend. I think the entire concept behind the lyrics is pretty lame and trite. The whole “I wish this person was gay so then I could feel better about them not liking me” makes my eyes roll out of my head. This isn’t to cancel her or anything — she’s only what, 17? — but I think it’s a poorly written and executed topic.

24. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, it seems like a person (or at least her handlers) with a fairly prominent gay fan base could be a little more self aware and just stash this one away.

25. KalValor

Regular

I thought I read somewhere that she wrote it when she was 14, so yeah... but I agree, at the least, you’d think someone involved with the album would have the awareness to advise that it might not be the best concept for a single.

Carrow likes this.