Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? (March 29, 2019) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Philll

Trusted

Got a guitar student who is a huge fan of Billy and asks me to teach her a lot of the songs, and I was taken aback by just how good When The Party's Over is. Will definitely be checking this album out.

2. Kuri44

Lol I was actually gonna refer to her as a prodigy in my OP. At only 17, I’m really excited to watch her career long term. She’ll be one of the biggest and most important artists of the next decade.

3. bd007h Jan 30, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 30, 2019)
    bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

I've never listened to her much other than hearing "You Should See Me In A Crown" a handful of times, which is decent but nothing that made me want to delve into her more. I also saw this tweet on twitter a while back that as the big Meg Myers I am kinda stunted my ability to appreciate Billie haha

Can anyone recommend any other songs of hers that a Meg Myers fan such as myself would like?

4. bd007h

Larry David likes this.
  5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Billie and Meg are not even slightly the same, bad tweet. Hi @bd007h . Start with "bellyache", "watch" and the new song

Petit nain des Îles and bd007h like this.
  6. bd007h Jan 30, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 30, 2019)
    bd007h

Thanks! As someone who has only heard You Should See Me In Crown I can kinda see where they are coming from, but kind of a pigeon-holed view based on one song.

Still wish Meg had more fans on here because I feel like I'm talking to myself half the time haha. You're one of a small few it seems. It still annoys me how overlooked she is :-/.

As for Billie I'll have to give this album a shot :thumbup:

irthesteve likes this.
  7. Amandine

can't wait for this, hope khalid is on it

8. btr

Trusted Supporter

Confirmed that there are no features

9. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

bury a friend might be my favorite song of hers

Drew Beringer and Kuri44 like this.
  10. YouTube keeps recommending me her music videos, so I finally caved and checked them out today. She kind of reminds me of FKA Twigs but with darker lyrics; I could see myself getting into this. I'm not usually seeking out pop artists (not for any elitist reason, it's just not my go-to genre), so it feels weird looking into someone that's so popular. Like, she's about the same age group as Snail Mail and Soccer Mommy, both of whom I really like, but as far as their style and the reception they've received, they're not nearly as, uh, mainstream, I guess?

11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

That video already has 15 million views, that's honestly insane. She really is bigger than any of us comprehend huh

12. Is Don't Smile at Me not available on CD? Man, sometimes I wish I hadn't canceled Spotify. boygenius wasn't on CD, either. I'm waiting for my BOCC pre-order to arrive and everyone's already listened to it.

Maybe I should just buy a record player, sheesh.

13. Released on CD in Japan, you know how they like their physical product!

14. Do they not have/like vinyl there?

15. They do, but special Japanese edition CDs with bonus tracks and stuff are still very much a thing.

16. it's incredible

whitenblue88 likes this.
  17. Yeah, that was my first song and wow. Everything else I've come across so far has been a tinge underwhelming comparatively, but still good.

18. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Ocean Eyes has always been my favorite song of hers.

JamesMichael likes this.
  19. username

hey you lil piss baby

&burn was my introduction cause the Vince feature and it’s probably still my favorite, but ocean eyes and you should see me in a crown both go

ChiliTacos likes this.
  20. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Bellyache was my intro and it’s dope but I’ve already listened to the new song a ton in the 4 or so days it’s been out

21. This album needs to come out yesterday

22. PauLo

43% Burnt

I’ve been meaning to listen, but I’m always put off by anyone that feels any kind of sympathy towards dead, woman beating homophobes.

23. Philll

Trusted

...did she defend xxxtentwhateverthefuckhisstupidnameis?

24. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

She made a song in honor of him

25. Philll

Trusted

Oh god. That sucks.