Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Billie Eilish Tops the Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Billie Eilish has the number one album in the country this week:

Billie Eilish earns her second No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart, as her latest release, Happier Than Ever, debuts atop the list with 238,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending Aug. 5, according to MRC Data. Happier launches with the fifth-largest week of 2021 by equivalent album units earned.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. This seems low. I guess maybe there are more people like me than expected who are less than enthused about this album. She became one of the biggest artists in the world, yet these numbers are lower than the first week of the debut

CMilliken and paythetab like this.
  3. somethingwitty

Trusted

Was expecting bigger numbers, but I guess the lack of a radio “hit” really did play into this.

Still an incredible album.

SuNDaYSTaR, cosmickid and paythetab like this.
  4. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

I was thinking the same, Chase...This seems like in the realm of a new Foo Fighters, or other established rock artist numbers. Def NOT what I was thinking leading up to the release of a major pop record not filed under Taylor Swift.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  5. sowrongitsryan

Regular

Was “Therefore I Am” not a big hit? I used to hear it all the time. I guess it could have peaked too early. I would guess that a large chunk of her audience has already moved on to Olivia Rodrigo. Very fickle demographic.

6. Murph

Regular Supporter

I’m convinced “Happier Than Ever” should have been released as a single to coincide with the album announcement or when “Lost Cause” dropped. The title track and “Oxytocin” are the ones doing it for my circle of friends the most.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  7. GageStillAlive

Still Alive Supply Co. Supporter

I loved her debut but this album just hasn’t clicked with me yet.

8. CMilliken

Trusted

Debut was great. I can't get into this one. I feel like she targeted her haters and made the album double down on the things they hate. Specifically thinking of the whispered singing/vocals. I can't understand half of what she's saying.

9. Marty

Local man.

I acknowledge that there is a lot of good things on the album and, in terms of production and lyrics, it is objectively good. I don’t think the scope of this album is exciting. The debut was significantly more fun and was more imaginative in topic. This one doesn’t stray far from the “fame has changed things” narrative.

Billie and Finneas are incredibly talented people and this won’t hinder either of their futures. I’m glad Billie got these things off her chest, but I miss the imagination she brought to the last album.

Mister Lyrical likes this.