Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bill Callahan (Smog) Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jdr2187, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

I’m probably going to just wait for the full album, but it’s exciting to see the positive response both the new songs have gotten. Bill’s one of my favorite artists ever, and I’m elated that we’re getting something new so soon.

2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

3. jdr2187

jdr2187

New album is such a pleasant listen. Opener is prob my favorite song this year.

4. PauLo

43% Burnt

Skimmed through some of his early stuff as Smog, digging the experimental vibe. Will have to check out more.

jdr2187 likes this.
  5. jdr2187

jdr2187

Idk what you checked out but I highly recommend the 3 album run of Red Apple Falls, Knock Knock, and Dongs of Sevotion. All three are great albums with Knock Knock being the high point for me.

6. jdr2187

jdr2187

Anybody else been checking out the weekly releases from Bill and Will Oldham? They are mostly reworks of old songs and covers but man it’s so cool to here 2 of my all times artists working together. I’ve got a running playlist of all of them and it’s like having an entire album now. Really good stuff.

7. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

When they started releasing them, I figured I would wait to listen until the eventual album that was surely coming . . . but now that there are so many and no sign of an album, I'm feeling like I just need to dive in.

I have listened to some of the more interesting ones, like the Billie Eilish cover and their version of "Our Anniversary," which is fantastic.

jdr2187 likes this.
  8. jdr2187

jdr2187

I kept thinking and hoping for the same but oh well. The guests are all pretty fun as well. Some of the songs take you back to both artists earlier more experimental work which is cool too.

9. Horrorca

Trusted

is this a Spotify list? if so, mind sharing?

10. jdr2187

jdr2187

11. Horrorca

Trusted

jdr2187 likes this.
  12. jdr2187

jdr2187

I kept wondering when they would do a David Berman song. This one features his wife Cassie Berman along with a bunch of others.

Gjpeace likes this.
  13. jdr2187

jdr2187

They did a John Prine cover. It’s awesome.

14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

popped up on station eleven last week. just a perfect end to a perfect album

15. jdr2187

jdr2187

Gjpeace likes this.
  16. jdr2187

jdr2187

New song sounds great!

17. jdr2187

jdr2187

Really loved this. On first listen this feels like a bit of a return to his sound pre Shepherd.

18. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Enjoying this a whole lot on a nice fall drive. Excited to see him Thanksgiving weekend in the desert