Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Biggest Show/Tour Regrets Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by sawhney[rusted], Apr 28, 2016.

1. Thursdaysox

We know it from the silence

I was really close to going to Prince when he came to CT two years ago, but it was $165 for the cheap seats. I'll always regret not ponying up the money, because I had it, I just didn't want to spend that much. I also had a floor GA ticket to see The Black Parade, but none of my friends were into going so I just ate the ticket. Should have gone, even if it was alone. Oh, and one time this girl in college wanted to go see Family Force 5, but I had to work. Should've called out and gone, not like I would have been fired. Damn on all accounts.

2. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I've never seen Brand New, Thrice, ManOrch, or any of those styles of bands (or what I'm sure have been their openers: O'Brother, Kevin Devine, All Get Out, etc., you know the style) despite the fact that they're all been in town a ton of times. I'm dumb.

3. Davjs

Trusted

I have a sibling who told me about a Taking Back Sunday, Matchbook Romance and Fallout boy show that was played at a small club. It was before the bands made it big (TBS was the the only popular act at the time, fallout boy had just released Take This to Your Grave) and I was unaware of Matchbook and Fallout at the time so I didn't go. That would have been awesome in hindsight. From what he said, Fallout opened with Calm before the Storm which has always been my favorite from them.

Also I've haven't seen Senses Fail since the first Taste of Chaos in 2005 where they sounded bad and they hadn't released any of the albums I love them for yet. I wish I would have seen them on the Renacer tour because they had an awesome selection of songs (The Path, Lungs Like Gallows, Lifeboats, ect) and Buddy started to sound great but it was before he started acting really really goofy on stage.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  4. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I remember when I was 16 Dashboard Confessional played at the arena in Wilkes Barre (which never gets good shows) and Brand New opened. I wasn't yet into Brand New and was only a casual fan of Dashboard so I skipped it. I still feel really dumb about missing that.

5. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Was it the Dashboard/MxPx/Brand New/Vendetta Red tour in 2003? Or a different one?

6. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

Sounds like it might have been the '06 fall tour when it was just BN and DC.

7. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

It was the 06 tour. Sorry I didn't specify. Wasn't even aware they toured together before that.

8. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I got an offer to go to a friend to a megashow with The Menzingers, A Loss for Words, Code Orange Kids, Captain We're Sinking, The Sheds and 4 others, and I turned it down.

Also, the Glamour Kills tour that the Wonder Years headlined in 2012.

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

still haven't gotten a chance to see No Doubt, missed their tours with Blink and Paramore, thankfully got to see Blink with Weezer before Tom left at least

10. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

OH! Missing both major Blink tours in the past five years (w/ FOB/Panic, My Chem/Matt & Kim) was a huge bummer too.

11. jaimeeallover

Missed the American Dream tour with OM&M and BMTH in 2014 and missed the Desolation of Eden tour back in March

12. thispartysucks

Had won tickets in '04 from Seton Hall's radio station, WSOU, to Damageplan, Shadows Fall, and The Haunted at Starland Ballroom. Ended up having to miss the show. That was 4 days before Dimebag Darrell was shot in Ohio.

13. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I've only really been going to shows as a serious hobby for a couple of years now, so there's plenty of big ones I wish I'd actually made an effort to go and see when I had the chance: Gorillaz on the 'Plastic Beach' tour, The Police on their reunion tour, this little nĂ¼-metal band called Reveille that a friend of mine introduced me to (granted, they did one reunion show on Boxing Day in Boston - no where near where I live - so that would've been tough.)

But the biggest regret of my 'career' so far? Say Anything's most recent tour.

In LA they played at the Echoplex, which is literally a 15 minute drive from my house. I still held off cause I wanted to see if their setlist was any good - and then it was almost perfect: "Death for My Birthday," "Mara and Me," "So Numb" into "So Good." (Sorry dudes, I like the new album.) Even "Six Six Six," which they left off their strings tour for some reason.

Tried to get tickets the day off and they were sold out. Been kicking myself ever since.

Of course, if I'd still been living in Seattle I would've been able to see them debut "Push" live, which would've been icing on the cake...