Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Biggest Show/Tour Regrets Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by sawhney[rusted], Apr 28, 2016.

1. EarthShifts

Trusted

My biggest regret was missing Death Cab For Cutie on the Transatlantacism tour back in 2004. They were playing a small club with Pedro The Lion and Ben Kweller as the openers. A few of my friends said that Pedro sucked and I let them talk me out of the show. Now though, Pedro/Bazan one of my favorite bands, and Trans is probably my favorite album ever.

I finally got to see them this past fall, but the shows are so big now and I was so far back. I wish I could have experienced it back then.

Also, I had tickets to see Sigur Ros in 2008 and skipped it. I was going through a breakup and would have had to go alone, and I just couldn't do it. I really wish I could have seen them though.

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

that show was so good here, damn. pwr bttm blew the fuck away

3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Rage Against the Machine/Beastie Boys

Nothing I could have done other than gone to a show earlier on in the tour, but I had tickets and the show in my city got cancelled b/c Mike D hurt himself on his bike.

Luckily I got to see The Beastie Boys a few years later, but I never did see RATM.

4. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

When blink got back together and did the tour with Taking Back Sunday/Weezer, I was still relatively young at the time. I ended up skipping out on the show near me since I would have ask the rents for money and a ride to get there since it was in a different state (although just right over the river.) I still haven't seen blink so I feel lucky to have the opportunity this summer. Can't wait! Will actually be seeing all three of those bands on separate tours this summer, so I'm pretty excited about that.

5. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Damn, that Bayside tour was one of my first shows in this scene. Absolutely stacked.

6. SnarlingandStarryEyed

Oh man, I understand that regret. Boysnightout were one of my favorite bands back then, and Make Yourself Sick is one of my top 5 albums. I saw them a few times between 2004-2006 and they were always so good and nice dudes too.

dilleo likes this.
  7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Anyone know what's going on with them? Didn't they start up some social media accounts? Did they ever release any new music or play a show?

8. I missed a late night set from The Mars Volta at Bonnaroo in like 2005. Kills me to this day that I didn't get to it.

9. btr

Trusted Supporter

Sum 41 played Does This Look Infected? in 2012 front-to-back and I had something going on I couldn't get out of. I remember being bummed for weeks haha.

10. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I had to stand in my buddy's (first) wedding the same night as the Chicago show. To this day, I have only seen Sum 41 once.

11. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

my mom wouldn't let me go to a show that was 3 hours away because she didn't know one person that was going and I'd have to miss my study hall. It was in October or November of 2004.

Dead Poetic (New Medicines just released), The Chariot (only had their first dvd), He Is Legend (I Am Hollywood just dropped), Showbread (No Sir... had just dropped), Acceptance (Black Line To Battlefields era), Anadivine (touring on ZOO), Far-Less (Turn To The Bright EP had just dropped).

forever bummed.

Davjs likes this.
  12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Before I listened to fun., they opened for Motion City Soundtrack. I don't think I could go because it was a school night and I was in early high school so my parents wouldn't let me or something like that. But fun. went on to become the only band who rivals Motion City Soundtrack in terms of picking my favorite band, so I will never stop wishing I wasn't at that show.

13. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

Brand New in Sheffield when they did the whole of Deja last year. Saw them twice in London in 2015 but argh it's one of my favourite albums ever...

14. dubey

Regular

Can't really think of too many

Maybe Thursday playing all of Full Collapse or never seeing the Beastie Boys

Davjs likes this.
  15. dilleo

Regular

Nice! Well, back then I didnt really like them, so the regret for me is more so now, it took me a few years after THAT concert for me to come around and start to like them.. But anyways :) Make Yourself Sick is an amazing album! Thats great though, glad you got to see them.. Hopefully they start to play some shows, since they are supposedly back together now..?

Sorry, dont really know whats going on. I do know they are on twitter, probably on facebook, dont know what else.. Dont believe they released any new music and definitely have not played any shows, unfortunately.

16. dilleo

Regular

Dang, sorry to hear that dude. I saw The Mars Volta open up for System of a Down in 2005.. AMAZING show! I think I recently looked back at the setlist and SOAD played like 22 songs, all really good ones.. Apparently The Mars Volta only played 4 songs though.. But even so, they had so much energy it was great! Now I can't wait to go see At The Drive-In next month!

17. Davjs

Trusted

That was one of the best shows I've seen. Even though I like Gaslight now, I didn't know them at all when I saw them. They sounded good, but didn't have a lot of energy live so I can see why that didn't go over too well with people who didn't know their songs.

18. Davjs Jul 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 6, 2016)
    Davjs

Trusted

My favorite bands are Thrice, Atreyu and Story of the Year so it goes without saying that my biggest regret is not seeing Taste of Chaos 2006 since those bands were touring their best albums IMO (Vheissu, Deathgrip on Yesterday, In Wake of Determination)

Line up was: Deftones, Thirce, Atreyu, Story of the Year, Funeral for a Friend, Thursday, Greeley Estates, Dredg, Reveiving End of Sirens, Silverstein and more if you needed any other reason.

Also missing Linkin Park's surprise Warped Tour appearance. Bring out special guests for every song sounds like it was so epic. They played:
    - One Step Closer with Nate from Finch
    - New Divide’ with David Schmitt of Breathe Carolina
    - Guilty All the Same with Mike and Jeremy of The Devil Wears Prada
    - Faint with Tyler Carter and Michael Bohn of Issues
    - What I’ve Done with Ryan Key of Yellowcard
    - A Place For My Head with featuring Jeremy of A Day to Remember
    - Bleed It Out with Machine Gun Kelly)

I wish they would have recorded it for a release.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  19. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I really regret missing the Alkaline Trio / New Found Glory tour in 2013. I looked at Trio's set list after the show, and it was phenomenal.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  20. Davjs

Trusted

That would be sooooo good. Haven't heard anyone talk about Dead Poetic in some time, my hat's off to you sir!

21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I came here to post this

Daniel182 likes this.
  22. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Someone at the blink show last night was wearing the shirt from the tour, and it reminded me about it all over again. Haha.

23. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I wish I would have started going to shows earlier. My first show was blink-182 at House of Blues when I was 18. I missed so many great pop punk shows back then. Pop Disaster with blink-182 and Green Day comes to mind. That's probably why I go to as many shows as I do now. I also wish I would have traveled to shows more. I missed Something Corporate on their reunion tour because I didn't want to go to Milwaukee. Now I have no problem traveling to shows.

24. jorbjorb

7 rings

1975 in winnipeg. I just heard about them at the time and the show was instantly sold out. Wish I was a fan earlier.

25. September 2003 - Spitalfield / Long Since Forgotten / Fall Out Boy / Saosin / Acceptance at Planet 505 in Syracuse. I just started college in Rochester and was too young to realize that the hour and half drive wasn't crazy.