Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Biggest Show/Tour Regrets Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by sawhney[rusted], Apr 28, 2016.

1. sawhney[rusted]

luv is blind

Post the concerts and shows that you could have potentially went to, but ultimately decided against going to. Looking back on those shows now, you really wish you could have went.

Mine is not going to see The 1975 at the Bug Jar in Rochester, NY in March 2013. I could have went and saw them at a ~300 person venue, and decided against it because I wanted to catch up on schoolwork.

Looking back, it would have been one of the most exciting concerts to say I have been to. I also loved all of their EP material at the time. Ughhh.

What are all of yours?

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

missing converge/loma prieta at a 250 cap
    missing a halloween show with TWIABP/saintseneca/slingshot dakota/emperor x/caust

missing pup/chumped last year

3. rodkimble

Most of my regrets come from before I started really getting into music and going to shows. One show that would have been awesome was Gaslight Anthem/Rise Against/Thrice/Alkaline Trio playing a club in Baltimore.

Foo Fighters playing at the Black Cat in DC(700 cap venue) a couple years ago would have been awesome but I got in line about 20 minutes too late.

Would have like to see Chumped's last show in Brooklyn. Had my hotel booked, tix were supposed to be available at the door only but then they randomly decided to sell tix online instead which I didn't find out until it was too late.

I'll try to think of some other ones....

4. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

missing the blackdiamondskye tour in 2010
    missing the honda civic tour in 2011
    missing the 1975 in 2014 (though I'm making up for that in May)
    missing AC/DC when they played Downsview in September

probably a bunch of other smaller shows and Warped lineups I could add too

5. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

could've seen Bangarang! at a record store in doylestown back in 2008. went to siren records all the time back then, and my friend literally said "hey, they have a cool name, we should go!" without knowing any of their music. if I went to that show, I could've gotten into that scene where TWY and Man Overboard and Transit were playing VFWs and moose lodges in doylestown.

can't really think of anything else. I wish I got to see Jeff Rosenstock on that five boroughs five shows day, but couldn't find someone to go with and I've seen him since.

6. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Rams Head! I was at this show, great time for sure.

rodkimble likes this.
  7. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

Had tickets to the Brand New shows at Ommegang last year, caught a mutant strain of strep throat the week before, had a ridiculously high fever, couldn't eat/drink/walk, much less drive to upstate NY for a show, had to be heavily medicated for several weeks and subsequently get my tonsils out (side note: this hurts. a LOT). Hoping it happens again this year so I can make up for that ;-)

I'm also not a big fan of going to shows alone, because it makes me really anxious. I missed a Bad Books show on their first tour and a couple of Kevin Devine shows (most recently the one with MBD, who I also would have loved to see) for that reason, kind of wish I hadn't!

8. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Cake, Gogol Bordello, Teagan and Sara and Eugene Mirman. holy shit that would have been an absolute blast!!! WHYYYYYYYYYY didnt i go

small tours i missed
    - Mest/Ataris/Hawthorne Heights
    - Allister/MXPX/Zebrahead

9. koryoreo Apr 28, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 28, 2016)
    koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Fireworks, The Swellers, Transit, Man Overboard
    New Found Glory, Saves The Day, Fireworks
    Rise Against, Alkaline Trio, Thrice, Gaslight Anthem
    Four Year Strong, Title Fight, The Swellers
    Alexisonfire, LA Dispute (Alexisonfire's last full US tour)

10. Bon Iver's last Canadian tour. Haunts me to this day.

11. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

Off the top of my head:

Circa Survive on their anniversary tour and their special holiday show at the Shrine

I missed All Dogs a few weeks back because I was filming and I'm still bummed about that.

12. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Missed Volcano Choir after Repave was released.
    Was too young for Rammstein way back when.
    Was too exhausted from a long weekend to see Foxing on their most recent tour (mainly bummed because I already had the tickets).

13. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

14. sawhney[rusted]

luv is blind

15. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I did see pumpkins on the Gish tour (with Pearl Jam with Ten and RHCP with Blood Sugar Sex Magik) :)

The guy behind me insisted that Pumpkins were a poor mans SOnic Youth.

16. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

July of 1996 all I wanted for my birthday was a ticket to see the Smashing Pumpkins with Garbage on the Infinite Sadness Tour. They had two shows in my area, one on my birthday and one the day after, so I told my parents MONTHS in advance that's all I wanted and after they had not allowed me to go see David Bowie & Nine Inch Nails the year before I figured this would be easy for them to agree with and get me tickets for. I was wrong and I still give them grief over dropping the ball on this. I told them when I was older I'd go to as many shows as I wanted to even if it meant traveling around the country and they thought I was kidding.

Jdaniels likes this.
  17. A few of my friends went to the 9:30 Club in DC to see My Chemical Romance, Finch, The Used and The Movielife. This was in 2003 right after The Used and What It Is to Burn were released and about a year before My Chem released Three Cheers and got huge. I was 15 and my parents wouldn't let me go to DC without an adult.

I still think about that show and what an amazing experience that would have been for me considering how much I loved that genre of music at the time.

Davjs likes this.
  18. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

My "regret missing" show ended up being cancelled night of show anyway, but it was Prince with Erykah Badu. Would've been phenomenal had it ended up happening and had I ended up choosing to go.

19. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

so many dmv people in this thread, weird

20. TylerCrouse

Regular

the tour to me tht i always wish i went to was the glamour kills tour with the wonder years, polar bear club, transit, a loss for words, the story so far and into it over it always will be mad i missed it

21. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Represent!

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  22. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I skipped my buddy's wedding to see ADTR at Warped in Chicago back in 2014. I didn't regret it though.

js977, Jdaniels and Jason Tolpin like this.
  23. kidinthebushes

Trusted

My biggest regret was that I didn't start going to shows earlier in my life. I went to my first concert (blink-182 at House of Blues) when I was 17 years old. Pop Disaster with blink and Green Day comes to mind.

24. Jdaniels

Regular

I remember this date well. Easter in Nashville, I couldnt get off work so I agreed to do 9pm to 6am then 8am to 4pm so i could get off in time.

I can't think about shows i've missed. It's sad. :(

25. bd007h Apr 28, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 28, 2016)
    bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Meg Myers and Rise Against played my local alternative station's annual concert last May (94.1 The Zone in Rochester, NY), but it was the same day as my best friend's wedding in which I was a groomsman :(. Would have been my first time seeing either of them.