Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Biggest Fears

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by JRGComedy, Sep 24, 2017.

1. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

What are some of your biggest fears? Let's talk and work some shit out in this thread.

My biggest fear is my parents dying. Up until a few weeks ago I've always lived close enough to them that I could make it to them in an emergency. But now I'm 16 hours drive away and I feel guilty every day that I'm not spending time with them.

Anywho, I'm also afraid of bees!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Ken, Kingjohn_654 and Colby Searcy like this.
  3. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

4. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Oh God

Kingjohn_654 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

that my life will be completely meaningless and when I die no one will remember me and it will be like I never existed

6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

This is a rational fear too!

7. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Not kidding, when I was a child one of my biggest fears was falling into a volcano.

[​IMG]

8. Yasqueen4

Trusted

My family dying. I think about it all the time. :( Also, having more panic attacks

JRGComedy likes this.
  9. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Glad we're on the same page. It's a rough one and I have no idea how to properly process it, ya know?

10. Yasqueen4

Trusted

Hopefully with the help and support of other family and friends...How old are your parents?

JRGComedy likes this.
  11. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

They are pretty young, still in their 40s, so I don't really have much to be worried about. Yours?

12. Colby Searcy

That I'm gonna be murdered in my sleep and not be able to see the murderer

JRGComedy likes this.
  13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Ooh, that's unique. Definitely a frustrating prospect.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. Colby Searcy

You get to know me you'll realize this is neat the bottom of my uniqueness haha!

I'm afraid of heights as well, like even the 2nd floor of a mall or something terrifies me to no end. I've enjoyed Ropes Courses in the past though.

Taking about blood also freaks me out

15. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Certain heights def freak me out too. Was on a roof the other day and having a difficult time keeping my composure. Noted: don't talk about blood!

Colby Searcy likes this.
  16. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Bees is a legit fear. I worked in pest control for three years. Did you know that bees can sting you through a bee suit? I didn't.

trevorshmevor and Colby Searcy like this.
  17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I didn't know that either. I'm super allergic to them as well, so anytime I see one I am outta there.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  18. Colby Searcy

Punch every bee in the face

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

most random fear is probably becoming paralyzed, it just seems too easy

Joe4th, Colby Searcy and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  20. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Oh, that's a good one and I agree with you. With how many streets we cross in a day, any car could just...

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  21. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I also felt really bad killing bees. Customers would ask if I could remove them without killing them. I'd refer them to a beekeeper, but once they saw the cost, they decided we should just kill them. Which meant that I'd get to open up a water meter box full of angry bees.

22. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I grew up with bees, my dad had a bunch of hives on our property and liked extracting honey as a hobby so they don't bother me. I mean I'm not gonna be happy if one lands on me but I generally won't freak out or anything. I'm having trouble thinking of any crazy fears/phobias I have. I mean I don't like spiders or scorpions but again I mostly will only be upset if one is actually on me. I guess one of my bigger anxieties is wasting my potential and not ending up where I want to be later in life. So mainly, ending up alone at a job I hate, with no friends, and then dying without anyone noticing. My other biggest fear is having kids and then having something terrible happen to one of them.

23. TedSchmosby

Trusted

My biggest trivial fear is amusement park rides. Rollercoasters, the ship, the slingshot, the merry go round, the zipper. Fuck all that shit

24. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

RE: Bees - From what I remember if you're out doing your thing and a bee is out doing it's thing with flowers they really don't give a fuck about you. Even if they land on you they're just checking you out and will only sting if you try swatting them - still, if you have long hair try and avoid letting them land in it, if they get trapped in it they might sting. If you're not actually near the hive though I can basically guarantee you won't get stung and have nothing to worry about. If you do come across a hive in nature gtfo of there because there's always a chance they're africanized bees and those fuckers are mean and will sting you just for walking by the hive. They're also more likely to swarm you after being stung cuz of the pheromones it releases and they'll legit chase you. I walked within a hundred feet of a wild africanized hive once and I got chased down by a single bee for at least a quarter mile until it caught up and stung me. For reference I could walk within 10 feet of 16 or so regular hives and basically be ignored.

Colby Searcy and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  25. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I fear that my irl friends will find out that sometimes when I tell a story about "a friend of mine" I mean you guys