Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Big Thief - U.F.O.F. (May 3, 2019) Album • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by sean_rugy, Feb 26, 2019.

1. username

hey you lil piss baby

I've probably said it before, but I think Two Hands is superior on a song-to-song basis while UFOF is the best as an album.

MrAirplane and coleslawed like this.
  2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

They both are fantastic

3. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

it’s basically 1a and 1b between UFOF and Two Hands, but my absolute fav song is Mythological Beauty so Capacity also means a lot to me. I’ve listened to Masterpiece the least but I love it more with every listen.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. All their records are fantastic but UFOF has a different vibe that's just transcendent. Does it for me like few things does. Can't go wrong with anything this band has done though.

incognitojones likes this.
  5. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I legitimately adore all of their albums and even though UFOF is at the top, I could probably make a solid argument for any of the other 3 being my second favorite

6. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I actually think Capacity might be my favourite Big Thief record, so many all time favourite songs on that one (Shark Smile, Mary, Mythological Beauty)

7. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

there’s really no wrong answer here tbh

coleslawed likes this.
  8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

incognitojones likes this.
  9. MrAirplane Sep 10, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 14, 2020)
    MrAirplane

Trusted

edit - I finally watched this and it's really cool. He digs into the song UFOF and he plays clips of all of the different stems, talks about the equipment used and microphone placement, and shares stories about different sounds used in the song. He starts to discuss the song around 25 minutes in.

10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This is still probably my favorite album from them. The imagery in the lyrics is really something to behold. Subtle yet beefy bass lines, and just the ethereal approach/production makes it all for me.

11. Jbent

Trusted

Personal observation - I think it is pretty cool that for a song I've only known for 2 years Contact instantly takes me into a warm summer day headspace, perfect sun song

coleslawed likes this.
  12. radiodead

Trusted

I think my favorite is Two Hands, but I definitely believe that this is objectively their best record.

13. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

This is my favorite BT record and I also think it's their best. All their records are great but this one just has a little extra magic on it.

DaydreamNation and MrAirplane like this.
  14. seimagery

instagram.com/thekissingglow/

"Mary" is still the most beautiful song.

coleslawed and SteveLikesMusic like this.