Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Big Thief - U.F.O.F. (May 3, 2019) Album • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by sean_rugy, Feb 26, 2019.

1. radiodead

Trusted

Yes! I actually justttttt finished editing that

2. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Haha sweeeeeet I’ll take it !

3. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

whoa

4. username

hey you lil piss baby

radiodead likes this.
  5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh my god I’m so excited

6. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Jesus Christ

7. mad

I was right. Prestigious

in other news Cattails might be one of the best songs ever written

Wharf Rat, ItsAndrew, LWS and 5 others like this.
  8. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

There's like a 50/50 chance I will tear up when listening to Cattails :tear:

LWS likes this.
  9. MrAirplane

Trusted

I don't think any of the names are obvious fits but maybe. Apparently the middle was etched with "OCT1119".

radiodead and jpmalone4 like this.
  10. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

I'd be surprised if the demos were on the new record, sonically they felt very similar to what was on U.F.O.F., just brighter, and the press release or whatever gave me the feeling that the new songs will be the opposite of this record.

11. username

hey you lil piss baby

Seems weird that the 7” and the new album would be unrelated but I honestly have no clue. I thought I saw someone somewhere say that one of the 7” songs was “Not” (based on the live performance videos) but I can’t even recall where I saw that or if I’m just making everything up.

12. radiodead

Trusted

My brother got a 7”. Super jealous.

13. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

I just listened to the "Not" performance in the other thread and unless they drastically changed it I don't think either of the 7" songs are it, didn't sound like "The Toy" either. I agree though, would be strange for them to be unrelated, unless it's their way of capping off the U.F.O.F. half of the release cycle. I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

username likes this.
  14. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Also got a 7", but the mail person stuffed it into my apartment mailbox and I was not super happy about that, had to basically open the package in my mailbox to get it out. The sleeve ended up a little bent but the record was alright, and it's a plain white sleeve so it's not the worst thing in the world. Just glad I got one!

15. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Was listening to this with a friend last night, never noticed the beautiful line “maybe she knows but she won’t tell” in Cattails. Album keeps giving.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  16. MrAirplane

Trusted

japanese preorder for two hands lists bonus track "Love In Mine" which is a lyric in the first line of 7" #2. so maybe it's one bside from each album session?

17. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

the buck meek solo record is fucking phenomenal. can’t believe I slept on it for so long. subtle lyrical brilliances that only a great folk record can offer and the exact type of offkilter charm you’d think he bring to the table if the rest of BT weren’t around.

also found out him and Adrienne were married and are no longer, and just can’t believe the sadness and beauty of that entire situation and how lucky and incredible it is that these two absolutely wonderful songwriters and storytellers found each other and gave us and continue to give us all the most amazing gift.

God bless big thief

18. genericities

instagram.com/pegasusrides_

I'm studying nonlinear dynamics and chaos, and the Lorenz attractor (a type of "strange attractor", and the first instance of chaos discovered) reminds me so much of "Strange."

"You have wings of gold
    You will never grow old
    And turquoise lungs
    You have never been young."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. This album came out a year ago today and has profoundly affected me more than any record that has come out in quite awhile. That's all thanks

20. ImAMetaphor

Big Thief really said “you think your top ten of the decade isn’t going to change in 2019? That’s cute”

21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

And then they said the same thing again months later lol

coleslawed and nohandstoholdonto like this.
  22. username

hey you lil piss baby

Best band of the 2010s and they didn’t even start popping off until the decade was half over

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  23. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

hard to pick a favorite album by them just bc they’re so fucking consistent but this one usually is the one my brain leaps to first if I’m asked that.

coleslawed likes this.
  24. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

justice for two hands

coleslawed likes this.
  25. ImAMetaphor

Two Hands is great but it doesn’t hit me the way UFOF does

DaydreamNation likes this.