Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Big Thief - U.F.O.F. (May 3, 2019) Album • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by sean_rugy, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Jbent

Trusted

The only comparison I would make between this album and Radiohead is that they are both great.

coleslawed likes this.
  2. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

3. mad

I was right. Prestigious

maybe my favourite song exploder episode ever. the story of this song is so cool

oncenowagain likes this.
  4. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

so down for this one.

5. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

i remember reading somewhere in this thread that an early review called cattails "a banger," and y'know what, it's actually true!

6. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

jenni's in my room

Cameron and jordalsh like this.
  7. MrAirplane

Trusted

jenni zenmaroom

jenni's & my room

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Oh shit is that what that was???

jordalsh likes this.
  9. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Damn I ordered the vinyl, I gotta check for this bonus.

10. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Jealous of anyone who got that 7 inch, these songs are so good

11. username

hey you lil piss baby

Haven't listened to these new tracks yet cause idk I wanna listen to a rip, but would love to see them pop up on streaming soon.

Cameron likes this.
  12. radiodead

Trusted

Dang. I ordered from VMP so I’m probably not getting this.

13. radiodead Aug 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 11, 2019)
    radiodead

Trusted

Hold up. Is Big Thief dropping another album??? Holy shit they are. October

Two Hands

1. Rock And Sing
    2. Forgotten Eyes
    3. The Toy
    4. Two Hands
    5. Those Girls
    6. Shoulders
    7. Not
    8. Wolf
    9. Replaced
    10. Cut My Hair

14. radiodead

Trusted

15. radiodead

Trusted

• 30 miles west of El Paso, surrounded by 3,000 acres of pecan orchards and only a stone’s throw from the Mexican border, the band Big Thief (a.k.a. Adrianne Lenker, Buck Meek, Max Oleartchik, and James Krivchenia) set up their instruments as close together as possible to capture their most important collection of songs yet. The band had only just finished work on their 3rd album, U.F.O.F. – “the celestial twin” – days before in a cabin studio in the woods of Washington State. Now it was time to birth U.F.O.F.’s sister album – “the earth twin” – Two Hands.

In sharp contrast to the wet environment of the U.F.O.F. session, the southwestern Sonic Ranch studio was chosen for its vast desert location. The 105-degree weather boiled away any clinging memories of the green trees and wet air of the last session. Two Hands had to be completely different— an album about the Earth and the bones beneath it. The songs were recorded live with almost no overdubs. All but two songs feature entirely live vocal takes, leaving Adrianne’s voice suspended above the mix in dry air, raw and vulnerable as ever. Where U.F.O.F. layered mysterious sounds and effects for levitation, Two Hands grounds itself on dried-out, cracked desert dirt.

With raw power and intimacy, Two Hands folds itself gracefully into Big Thief’s impressive discography. This body of work grows deeper and more inspiring with each new album. While you listen, let your own two hands rest in front of your body with palms facing inward and see what power grows between them.

16. radiodead

Trusted

Are they really gonna try and beat themselves for AOTY? Damn.

coleslawed likes this.
  17. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Holy hot damn WHAT

18. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

I can’t believe this!

19. well damn

coleslawed and radiodead like this.
  20. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

oh fuck

coleslawed likes this.
  21. username

hey you lil piss baby

Fucking EXCUSE ME?!

22. radiodead

Trusted

I haven’t listened to the 2 new songs so does anyone know if those could fit any of those songs titles?

MrAirplane likes this.
  23. username

hey you lil piss baby

Holy shit. This sounds incredible.

radiodead likes this.
  24. username

hey you lil piss baby

BTW I think it’s actually October 11, not in November. That pre-order is an Australian site so the date is listed different than Americans would read it. Plus, Oct 11 is a Friday.

dadbolt and radiodead like this.