Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Big Thief - Two Hands (Fall 2019) Album • Page 22

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by radiodead, Aug 11, 2019.

1. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Every time I think about this band it makes me happy

MrAirplane likes this.
  2. MrAirplane

Trusted

all 2020 tour dates have been cancelled

3. username

hey you lil piss baby

Bound to happen, but I had such good seats that I was hoping this would be one to get postponed instead of refunded. Appreciate them actually giving people their money back when it’s needed rather than sitting on it for indefinitely postponed tours.

MrAirplane likes this.
  4. Sucks a lot but not surprising. I know I would not feel comfortable going to a show anytime soon. All I ask is that they have a St. Louis date on their comeback tour whenever concerts become a thing again

5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

6. Anyone get a ticket refund successfully yet?

7. username

hey you lil piss baby

Still waiting here. I think I got my Ticketmaster notification on May 7, so the supposed 30 day window in which it was supposed to be refunded is closing soon.

8. Am I supposed to request something do you know or does it happen automatically? I haven't done so but this is what I see:

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 4.48.43 PM.png

Thanks for the reply!

9. username

hey you lil piss baby

So I had tickets for two dates (at the same venue). I initially got an email saying that I didn’t have to do anything, the refund was being processed automatically. Just logged into my account to check how it matched to your screenshot. One of the dates they did refund automatically, the other I was apparently given the choice between a credit or a refund (this was the same for my 1975 tickets). So if you can request a refund, that’s what you have to do. The one I didn’t have to request one for had “Your Event Has Been Cancelled: A Refund is in Progress” where your screenshot says “Your Order Has Been Updated.”

Hope something here helps lol

DaydreamNation likes this.
  10. Okay that makes sense. The concert wasn't supposed to be for several weeks so maybe mine's just behind. Looks like you're supposed to get auto refunded if it's canceled like mine was though. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 5.09.56 PM.png

11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed and MrAirplane like this.
  12. MrAirplane Jun 16, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 19, 2020)
    MrAirplane

Trusted

apparently Big Thief will be performing at the virtual Libera Awards on Thursday

2020 A2IM Libera Awards
    Youtube live stream (Thursday 6:30pm EDT)

edit - they will perform sometime between 9:00 and 9:45

edit 2 - no actual performance, they just aired the video of Cattails at Bunker Studios. I guess that explains why they didn't promote this at all.

Cameron likes this.
  13. mad

I was right. Prestigious

a reminder to anyone who hasn’t listened to Not in a while that it’s one of the greatest songs ever

14. zmtr

Trusted

This is their best record my favorite record of theirs. Still listen to it weekly.

radiodead and mad like this.
  15. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Not was already such a relevant song before the world was lit on fire. twice.

16. radiodead

Trusted

I get why some people think Capacity is still their best. I think UFOF is actually their best. But my favorite is Two Hands, it’s magical.

masterpiece is a really great debut! But it’s up against stiff competition.

17. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Masterpiece is a great summer drive album

18. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Honestly every album is a masterpiece (I’m sorry). I think Two Hands might be my least favorite, but it still came in at #3 on my EOTY list. UFOF was #1.

Orla likes this.
  19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

James album came out today

MrAirplane likes this.
  20. MrAirplane

Trusted

21. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

ohhhhh damn just seeing this. this is a crazy take but I like buck’s solo record more than.....most of the big thief catalog **ducks at flying tomatoes**

They’re like obvi the best band working too so not something I say all too lightly.

22. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

for real nutso bonkos tho, how all of them just like make tons of shit on their own too

MrAirplane likes this.
  23. MrAirplane

Trusted

I'm guessing this will be delayed but here are the new song titles listed in the ascap repo

Pareidolia
    Second Sight
    Two Saviors
    Two Moons
    Dream Daughter
    Ham on White
    Cannonball! Pt 2
    Two Moons Morning
    Pocketknife
    Candle

Cody likes this.
  24. MrAirplane

Trusted

today is adrianne's birthday, tomorrow is buck's

here's a song they sang for a friend's album in 2014

coleslawed likes this.
  25. MrAirplane

Trusted

Conversation between Buck and Luke Temple
    Previously they posted on Instagram looking for places to make music in early July and also in the fall. I assumed that was just to workshop/demo but I wonder if it might be 2 albums again? Maybe just two sessions working on a single album. Also I think this will be their first record without Andrew Sarlo?

mad likes this.