Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Big Thief - Two Hands (Fall 2019) Album • Page 15

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by radiodead, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

doesn’t remind me of a specific song, more just tom petty in general

Wharf Rat likes this.
  2. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Not is pummeling and the absolute standout to me, but like this is another album full of 9s and 10s

3. Thanks for your takes, guys! I find the melodies to be a little too meandering on all of those songs, but yes, I agree, the lyrics are great (even if sometimes I have no idea what she's on about).

"Rock and Sing" is probably the closest to being a song I like, I definitely get the "hug in song form." I mean, it has the melody of "Rock-a-Bye Baby" in the guitar essentially.

4. mad

I was right. Prestigious

5. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

goddamn she just seems like a good person. the music industry really can eat people alive, unsurprising that she and the band are actively pushing back but refreshing to see nonetheless

coleslawed and ChiliTacos like this.
  6. ImAMetaphor

Love them soooo much. Encores are stupid and Big Thief is great. I need to catch them live ASAP.

7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I hope they release Spud Infinity as a recorded song someday, that song is great.

8. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Incredible show tonight. Second time seeing them, but I was still just blown away.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Do y'all think they will do another tour of the states for this "era"? I would absolutely love if they came back to Chicago.

10. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Currently tryna design a lesson plan around forgotten eyes

11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

teebs41 likes this.
  12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Good lord I would have loved to have been there.

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Punk af

14. radiodead

Trusted

If Big Thief ever comes to Indy they are more than invited to play my living room and crash.

coleslawed likes this.
  15. Ditto for STL

16. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

omg

17. abcdefg123

Regular

I really hope more videos pop up from that show. I’d give a lot to see them play in a living room.

18. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I hope everyone who was at that show knows how lucky they are goddamn

19. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I've listened to every Big thief album probably 5-6x each. Outside of some objectively great songwriting and storytelling, I just don't understand what I am missing here. :(

20. Jim

Trusted Supporter

The two this year clicked with me within the last month, I actually just bought them on vinyl today and are two of my favorite releases this year now.

21. ImAMetaphor

They aren’t for everybody, and that’s fine. I get wanting to be on board with a band as much hype as Big Thief, but sometimes bands just don’t work for people.

jordalsh likes this.
  22. I liked this band but didn't flat out love them until UFOF. And that record still hits me harder as a whole than their others, including Two Hands

jordalsh and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  23. ImAMetaphor

All of their records floor me. Masterpiece hooked me when it came out, and I’ve been loving everything since.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  24. I like the first two records more now than I did pre-UFOF also, I should say

EmmanuelSCastle and Jim like this.
  25. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I still like the first two, but the two this year feel like a whole other level

ItsAndrew likes this.