Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Big Thief - Two Hands (Fall 2019) Album • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by radiodead, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Honestly surprised they’re playing a place as small as The Metro anyway. I’m sure they’ll be back soon in a bigger & better venue.

2. zmtr

Trusted

They’re playing at The Majestic tonight in Detroit which is pretty huge but I’m still surprised it didn’t sell out. It actually might’ve I’m not sure. boygenius sold the place out in a week or so.

3. username

hey you lil piss baby

Seems like a lot of people are coming to the the band with this album so I just wanna stress: do not sleep on Adrianne's solo record from last year. "From" and "Terminal Paradise" were reworked into full band arrangements for UFOF but (as far as I know) none of the other songs have appeared in the Big Thief discography.

4. zmtr

Trusted

abysskiss still actually be my favorite BT related project. It’s like a modern day Nick Drake record.

coleslawed and Orla like this.
  5. zmtr

Trusted

Also if any of y’all haven’t heard this before. An incredible take on a god tier Dylan song.

coleslawed likes this.
  6. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

I could never do this because I hate the sound of anything that wakes me up and associate it with bad feelings and I never want to hate anything about this band

Mary V and mad like this.
  7. radiodead

Trusted

Yea I love abysskiss. Got this beautiful black and white splatter on wax.

8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

abysskiss is incredible! Love that record a lot!

9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Best show I’ve been to this year. They were absolutely incredible tonight. Please go see them if you have the chance it is such a magical experience.

coleslawed likes this.
  10. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Triple post (sorry) but I got to meet Buck after the show and he was super nice!

[​IMG]

radiodead, mad, Orla and 1 other person like this.
  11. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Wisconsin show was sick, first time I've seen them where they didn't play unreleased songs I didn't know.

They have the best bass tone live, everything hit so hard, was definitely crying.

12. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

This band debuts songs live? Sick. Only good bands do that

13. username

hey you lil piss baby

Even after releasing two albums this year, they’re still playing new/unreleased shit live on this tour lol. They played “Zombie” in Toronto and it seemed fantastic.

jordalsh and incognitojones like this.
  14. username

hey you lil piss baby

I’ve still been checking the set lists every night because it’s cool to see what they’re doing since they change it up so much. Other than the three NY shows (because they’re the most comprehensive), I think the set we got in Toronto is song-for-song the best so far, despite being considerably shorter than most others.

15. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Only one I was really hoping for that they didn't play was Century. All the hits, everything sounded perfect.

16. radiodead

Trusted

I really like “Sparrow” and “Spud Infinity”.

I guess I assumed “Zombie” was a Cranberries cover lol, saw it on setlists but hadn’t sought it out.

Orla likes this.
  17. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

I also assumed it was a Cranberries cover. Would love that too.

18. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

would love to hear a zombie cover. the chorus of shoulders kinda reminds me of that song

19. MrAirplane

Trusted

Think there will be an official "Two Hands/Love In Mine" single sometime soon? I haven't seen a high quality version of Love In Mine yet, just the mystery vinyl rip

20. username

hey you lil piss baby

It’s supposedly the bonus track on the Japanese CD release, so hopefully someone gets their hands on that and uploads it!

radiodead likes this.
  21. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

currently at the very sold out show in Minneapolis. there weren’t even any for sale on the secondary market, but my coworker found out his friends couldn’t get tickets either, so he sold me his for face value. stoked to be here.

Orla likes this.
  22. coleslawed Oct 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 21, 2019)
    coleslawed

Eat Pizza

yooooo, Adrianne let loose on the end of Not. I teared up during her guitar solo.

23. zmtr

Trusted

24. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I haven’t listened to this album much until this week but I came here to say “Not” is the best song I’ve ever heard.

That’s all.

25. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

The 1-2 punch of “Shoulders” and “Not” is unbelievable