Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Big Thief - Two Hands (Fall 2019) Album • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by radiodead, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I gotta show my dad the Late Night performance, I think he'd like it

2. i can't stop thinking about it

3. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I think I’m at the point that whatever album I’m listening to by them at the moment is their best album.

unbornwhiskey, CarpetElf and jordalsh like this.
  4. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

forgot to buy tickets for their show tomorrow and now im questioning if i should drop 120$ on stubhub to go

5. zmtr

Trusted

DaydreamNation and Orla like this.
  6. ItsAndrew Oct 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 16, 2019)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Seeing them on Friday and I am SO excited! It's been sold out for months with lots of people looking for tickets. I'm surprised they didn't add another date or move to a bigger venue.

My friends are all hanging out this weekend and I had to say that I can't come until Saturday because there's no way I'm missing this show (plus they're all meeting up Friday night anyways so I'm not missing that much).

DaydreamNation likes this.
  7. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

The Chicago show sold out so me and some friends are making the trip to Wisconsin the next day, very hyped

coleslawed, Orla and phaynes12 like this.
  8. Welp now I want to drive 11 hrs round-trip to see them in Madison as well, I thought this whole tour was sold out. Super tempting despite the driving

incognitojones likes this.
  9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah the Chicago show sold out super fast but luckily I was able to score a ticket on the resale app Metro partners with. So insane they are able to sell out the Metro months in advance.

10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Funny cause i was coming in here to say that that the only song i dont like

11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

How

12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

DO IT! This band is absolutely worth seeing live!

DaydreamNation likes this.
  13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

6 minutes of leaning on the same start to every line got real old. At least tell me what it is, damn.

14. Yea I've been obsessively watching live videos since the Colbert performance. Have never seen them and they don't seem to be coming much closer to St. Louis anytime soon seeing as they're in Europe next year until May or something.

I'll decide sometime tomorrow but it's a lot of time and $

15. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

You’re the worssssst

CarpetElf likes this.
  16. username

hey you lil piss baby

Such an incredible show tonight, but it was a lot shorter than the rest of the tour. Got like 12-13 songs only, I think (the rest have been more like 17-20, but I haven’t seen the MTL set yet). Pretty evenly spread across the whole discography, which was nice, but the new songs just sound so much better at this point imo. The scream in “Contact” rules, the jam in “Not” is insane, and Adrianne playing “Wolf” was stunning.

17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Any idea why it was so short? I hope that is not the case for Chicago!

18. username

hey you lil piss baby

No clue! Came on at 945 (the posted set time) and ended just before the 11 pm curfew. I’d be curious to see what time they started/how long (time wise) the other sets have been. No encore either, which they seem to have been doing.

matthaber likes this.
  19. matthaber

this show was so good and the atmosphere they were able to build with so minimal a setup is insane. Opening with Mary left me in shambles for that entire set. (Thanks again for ticket)

username likes this.
  20. matthaber

Had a group of 5 friends right in front of me who wouldn’t stop talking and that did hurt my soul tho lol

username likes this.
  21. username

hey you lil piss baby

Yeah had a terrible couple and a group of brozos near me that was a huge bummer. A little sad they didn’t play “Two Hands” but it’s hard to complain when you get a performance that good.

22. mad

I was right. Prestigious

might make Shoulders my new alarm so every day will begin with Adrianne singing “please wake uppppp”

23. zmtr

Trusted

Seeing them tonight. Honestly 13 songs wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for my Friday morning lol. Still hoping to see more though.

oncenowagain and mad like this.
  24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Chicago folks:

Orla likes this.
  25. radiodead

Trusted

Damn. Sold out again.