Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Big Sean - Detroit 2 (September 4, 2020) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Serh, Sep 2, 2020.

1. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Lucky Me is pretty damn fire.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

The run of the first 3 songs is an extremely strong start

3. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

On track 10 now and not a bad song yet. Some cringe lines but that's Big Sean. Not sure what people are saying on the last page. This is LEAGUES better than his last few albums.

soggytime and irthesteve like this.
  4. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Lithuania is pretty bad though.

airik625 likes this.
  5. irthesteve

ZTFO is the first song I would cut, everything else this far is solid

6. cherrywaves

Trusted

Never really liked him but he's had his moments. I love the song with Nipsey Hussle. Clearly I need to go deeper.

7. irthesteve

thank god the Eminem verse isn't embarrassing, it's maybe one of the most enjoyable things I've heard from him in a long time

8. azzy01

Regular

This is probably his strongest overall album, but there's still a bit too much filler on it. I saw that he might do a deluxe version with some more tracks, but i can't really see myself listening to a longer version of this.

Favourite tracks so far are Lucky Me, Deep Reverence, Body Language, HTMD, Guard Your Heart, Full Circle, FEED, Don Life and Still I Rise. Which are a lot more tracks than I've ever liked from him on the first couple listens off any of his projects.

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

worst/only bad songs: the one w/ post, the baddest (love the beat, regardless), and almost a third of eminem's verse on friday night

OotyPa likes this.
  10. btr

Trusted Supporter

Not understanding all of the Big Mid comments I’ve seen on Twitter. This feels like an actual album and not just a bunch of singles thrown together for max streams

azzy01 likes this.
  11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

most of his actual album this year is better than that. shows he really CAN make a pretty good lp to save his life

irthesteve likes this.
  12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

That time off really seems to have done Sean some good, this is easily his best rapping ever recorded imo. I've always thought he was overhated despite some obviously corny lines and bad attempts at pop crossovers but here I think he does well enough to even change some people's minds, his flows are insane and even his lyricism is a lot better and more personal. He just sounds very revitalized and focused the whole album

Other aspects of the album are great too. Production is top notch, pretty much all of the features kill it, and despite the length I can't really think of too many songs I'd cut. I think each of his studio albums has been better than the last (yes I like I Decided slightly more than DSP, the latter has higher highs but ID is way more consistently good), and it's a bit too early to tell if this one will continue that trend but I could easily see it happening with more listens

azzy01 likes this.
  13. azzy01

Regular

Yea I think the time off definitely benefited him, his weakest project is has fastest recorded (the metro boomin one)

14. Serh Sep 5, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 9, 2020)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

here's an interview that craig jenkins unsurprisingly did a great job putting together. glad he asked about naya

Big Sean Finally Knows Peace

15. irthesteve

16. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Was cool to hear Chattanooga in FEED.

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

man

18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

why am i hearing about this now

btr and airik625 like this.
  19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

dude was trending the other day because everyone was debating whether or not he's good. christ...

20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

He's a very good rapper that has a couple qualities that hold him back from being full-on great

21. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

He's alright but not great IMO. I'd liken him with how I feel about Logic. They have the ability to rap quickly but aren't great lyricists or songwriters, though he's definitely improved a bit over the years. It's still pretty inessential stuff though... I usually listen to his albums once and never throw them on again.

Blainer93 likes this.
  22. irthesteve

Big Sean & Hit-Boy collaborative EP out tomorrow

23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

GOOD seems like they're pretty much dead. Don't even really have anyone left now besides Pusha and 070 Shake

25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

upload_2022-3-27_12-31-15.png