Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Big Mouth (Nick Kroll, Netflix Original Series) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Sep 25, 2017.

1. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I think having the Shane Lizard derive some empathetic moments from his interactions with Coach Steve made Coach a much more palatable character, rather than being Flanderized

coleslawed, sophos34 and RyanPm40 like this.
  2. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

This whole second season was bonkers. I loved it. Coach Steve was the best. And I think the voice actors really made the show great.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Coach Steve is so much better this season because he has an actual character and legitimately interacts with everyone else. He also tied really well into Nick’s hang-ups. I actually ended this season *caring* about him, which seems so absurd but is true lol.

First season he was just this background character that they kept cutting to for no reason. Like there were honestly only a handful of times that he actually talked to the other characters. So he just became this grating disruption. Was very Family Guy-esque

Jessi’s arc this season was done so well. They could have just done Gina’s arc with her, but since they added Gina is let them completely eschew sexual issues with Jessi and take her down a much darker rabbit hole. I feel stupid for not predicting that her angst / rebellion and anger towards Nick for not caring about her anymore would develop into depression. This show is super relatable and all but her arc was extremely so

Also suuuuuper interested in how they eventually decide to deal with Connie becoming Nick’s hormone monster. I’m assuming at least one episode addressing trans issues, yeah? This is maybe the one show that I 100% trust to address gender and sexuality in a good way without coming off try-hard or preachy

I didn’t think the first season was anything special despite having such a great voice cast, but this one ruled in pretty much every way

4. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I agree. I don’t say this often, but season 2 is better haha
    Trusting this show to address certain issues makes sense. Their Planned Parenthood episode was very well-done.

5. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

The Shame Wizard is such a great character

6. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

It took me forever to recognize him as Lupin.

7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

the Shane lizard

8. DarkHotline

Almost done with the season, this has been really great. The bit with Andrew seeing his dad in Lola had me dying.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

my girlfriend looked up the voice while we were watching and it blew my mind when she told me.

10. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Is there any chance that the reason Coach Steve is so weird because he hung out in the monster world for too long as a kid? They mentioned that they couldn't stay in that realm for too long or else they would end up stunting their development (they mentioned how it affected them physically but I'm not sure about mentally).

I know he revealed he went through some trauma with "Gary" which is most likely the cause, but still.

sophos34 likes this.
  11. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

It seems like they were implying that, but I kinda hope they never explicitly speak either way to that. How exactly Steve became Steve should remain an enigma

Mrk_Brdshw and sophos34 like this.
  12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I never noticed the yellow dildo shaped like a swastika in the background of that scene. That's.. a weird choice

xapplexpiex likes this.
  14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

there’s a whole bit earlier in the season about the shame wizard owning a collection of vintage nazi dildos

15. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I had to rewind the scene when Shame Wizard explained his Nazi dildos cause I was laughing too hard

waking season likes this.
  16. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I work with a guy named Shane and all I can think of when I talk with him is the Shane Lizard

17. DarkHotline

Call him that

coleslawed and waking season like this.
  18. mad

I was right. Prestigious

someone in my neighbourhood did big mouth pumpkins. I walked by the house couple times trying to get a good picture but each time they either weren’t lit or their candles ran out :/

Attached Files:

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

sophos34 likes this.
  20. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Got my wife the hormone monsteress funko pop for her b-day

21. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

if this wasn’t renewed I’d cancel

SteveLikesMusic and sophos34 like this.
  22. Doomsday