Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Big Mouth (Nick Kroll, Netflix Original Series) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Without saying much, have you watched the new season of Bojack?

2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Just decidided to throw this on and that first scene hooked me haha

3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Joe Walsh had me dying

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Happy to say that I turned on episode two last night in a state of TV fatigue and was pleasantly surprised and blew through 4 or 5 of these.

That first episode is fucking bad, though. Not in a "it's the pilot" or a Parks situation where it's more enjoyable in retrospect, just an edgelord bad 30 minutes of TV.

Robk likes this.
  5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't care for the first 3 episodes personally. Should I keep going?

6. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

probably not, i don't think it does much "evolving" per se beyond that point. the tone of episode 2 is what steered me.

suicidesaints likes this.
  7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep it in my queue for a rainy day, but I'm not gonna prioritize it.

electro haikus likes this.
  8. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I had a hard time making it through EP01, and I generally like crude humor.

suicidesaints and electro haikus like this.
  9. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

This is a lot of fun. I’m a sucker for Kroll and Slate’s voices.

10. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

yeah I looked forward to this since it had such a positive reaction on here but I'm really not feeling it. my SO thinks its hilarious though and I love john mulaney so I'm still giving it a chance. If anything it's just a throwaway comedy, something for us to throw on when we want something shallow and simple and quick.

suicidesaints and electro haikus like this.
  11. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

All I need to hear is it reminds them of "Sausage Party" for me to never give this a try.

12. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

this is soooooo much better than Sausage Party, three eps I watched were really good imo

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  13. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Saying it's better than SP still isn't saying much

14. The_Effort

Regular Supporter

First episode was kinda bad. I'm on ep 5 and the rest have been pretty good so far. I'm not in love with the show but there is some funny in it.

First episode was not for me though

15. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I didn't laugh at Sausage Party once. Found this pretty funny. Although anything with Ruxin and Rafi from The League is like automatically guaranteed to do it for me

16. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I hated sausage party but really enjoyed this. I think that even though this was overly crass, it still managed to hit a nerve where I was able to relate to the confusion, anxiety, and flat out embarrassment that comes with being in junior high and going through puberty

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  17. tucah

not champ Prestigious

never did get around to the first season of this (or american vandal, want to check out both)

18. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Finally getting around to this. It’s like 70% very funny, 30% very annoying.

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'd flip that ratio, but I only watched the first 3 episodes.

20. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

100% funny, one of the best binge watches I've had all year

zmtr, Contender, slimfenix182 and 2 others like this.
  21. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I had a blast with this show. But I also like sophomoric humor.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  22. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I recently started watching this and I find myself cringing at a lot of the dialogue. I don't think I'll be able to make it through the entire season.

23. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I sat in the room changing my guitar strings while my roommates watched a few episodes of this and I must have gotten unlucky and only ever looked up for 30% of each episode

24. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

it was honestly really sweet and heartfelt, growing up is gross and weird so they took that and ran with it to a point that I understand why some wouldn't like it, but to see it as gratuitously gross is missing the point and undermining what is otherwise a really human story about navigating the pitfalls of youth and cumming in your jeans

25. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't think it was "too gross" or anything like that. I love immature humor, but I just didn't find much of this funny.

Joel likes this.