Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Big Little Lies (HBO) TV Show • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Oct 15, 2016.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

2. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m about to go full Renata.

4. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

5. Finished reading the article. Damn, that sucks and explains a lot about this season. I'm still enjoying it, but it definitely doesn't feel as clear as last season. I wish HBO would've just committed to letting Arnold execute her vision for this season. Hate to see something like this happen, especially on a show like this. They did her dirty.

7. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I love that even in the face of something so gross, this fanbase stays undefeated in memes

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  8. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

It sucks because I would have loved to see a more stylistic take on this season. The conflict between the two visions feels present in the aesthetic of the show, and we've lost a bit of that "ephemeral" and "character exploration" element they speak about in the article. Shame, because in editing to look more like Valee's vision, they've removed the charm they sought after. I'm still enjoying this season but those editing choices were noticeably bad in the last episode.

9. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Well this suddenly makes more sense

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jul 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 12, 2019)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

[​IMG]

and yeah this sucks for Andrea and for the cast

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i think Coreys reason for being at the police station is going to end up being unrelated but its not gonna stop bonnie from fully unhinging and doing something rash.

12. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Meryl makes my blood boil so much in this. So ready for her acceptance speeches railing against women like her character not believing in rape, etc.

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

morgantayler likes this.
  14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

They’re really losing me and I’m super upset about it. The news this week took the wind out of my sails and this episode being mostly about the “case” is just such a drag.

15. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

The editing this week is especially bad.

16. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

“So why do you think you can raise my boys to not be rapists when you did such a shit job the previous time?”

Odds a form of that question isn’t asked despite it being the obvious question to ask

17. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

actually thought the courtroom stuff was by far the best part. couldn’t care less about ed and tess flirting or gordon fucking the nanny

Sean Murphy and Garrett L. like this.
  18. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

it’s gonna be hinged around perry’s brother dying and the husband leaving and raising another family 1000%

19. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I actually liked this episode much more than last week. Court room stuff was great. I feel for Renata but cant help but feel they could do so much more with her storyline.

20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

So much about the courtroom scene would have never been allowed to happen in a million years. It was infuriating within the show but also completely broke suspension of disbelief. I just want the first two episodes back.

21. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I neeeeeeed more scenes with Bonnie.

22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

And yeah the editing really is terrible. A couple scenes in particular are suuuuper jarring.

imthesheriff likes this.
  23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I want my 60 minute episodes!! Zoe is so good. I want more Renata and Jane. And the kids!

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

wonder why they used the Placebo version of Running Up That Hill and the Patti Smith version of Everybody Wants To Rule The World

the courtroom scenes and Madeline talking about Bonnie's mom were hard to watch, Jane has been kicking ass go Jane