Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Big Little Lies (HBO) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Oct 15, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Was hoping we would get the second season before Game of Thrones, but it looks like it will start the week after the series of finale of GoT?

2. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

First season’s cast also had me skeptical at first, but it worked so damn well. I also hope they maintain the artistic stylings of Jean-Marc Vallée but I know they’ve chosen a different director for this season so we shall see. I cant wait!

3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Skeptical of the cast?? My heart can’t take this.

Contender, Jake W, irthesteve and 2 others like this.
  4. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I just didn’t know how Witherspoon and Adam Scott would perform in a dark murder mystery about domestic abuse, but they kill it.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Joe, mad, OotyPa and 1 other person like this.
  6. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

looks soo goood

7. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

That Streepdawg line tho.

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Alright lets goooooo

airik625 and the rural juror like this.
  10. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

i don't know if i'm super dumb, kind of smart or just the average viewer but what the fuck.

i figured out the Amabella thing by episode 4. figured out who the dead person was by episode 5 but never fucking saw the connection to Jane AT ALL until the show revealed it. that blew my fucking mind. but it's hilarious that i figured out the other two central mysteries of the season, but then didn't kind of tie it back to the other mystery.

jesus that was well done.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

[​IMG]
    back tonight!

12. phaynes12

YESSSSS

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I kind of hope nothing happens as far as plot goes and we just see the characters interacting and living life all season. I don’t need cliffhangers or someone going to jail or something, I just want to spend more time with these people.

14. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I honestly don’t remember the first season at all

15. phaynes12

let’s gooooo

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Already emotional at how grown up the kids are in the intro.

17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

So ready.

18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Happy with the start but I can’t believe how quick that went by!

19. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Felt very short, but I dug it. Meryl Streep already putting in a great performance with that dinner scene.

20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I tried to steel myself for it when I knew it was coming and it was just not enough. She came out swinging with that. I felt like the twins.

21. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Streep is so damn good.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

glad it's still the same with Andrea Arnold at the helm
    it took what ten minutes for Reese to eat a cupcake by ripping off a chunk with both cake and frosting and Meryl then saying she doesn't trust her because she's short
    Jane dancing to Mystery Of Love!
    "I don't give a fuck about homeless people"

23. MikeERayner

Trusted

Streep’s character certainly seems like a piece of work. This should be fun.

24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The story with Abigail is the only one so far that I’m just not into. It seemed very much like they were spinning their wheels for conflict with her and I was kind of hoping the relationship between them would have changed some since we last saw it. I hope they don’t spend too much time there.

I sort of wish they could just change the format into In Treatment and have every character go talk to Robin Weigert for the whole show. I love those scenes with Celeste so much.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

yeah the transphobic comment was weird and I know Abigail is terrified of her mom but only a moron would wait until an alumni interview with Stanford to tell her mom she doesn't want to go to college, and I couldn't tell if you were supposed to side with Madeline or Abigail

EASheartsVinyl likes this.