Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Big Little Lies (HBO) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Oct 15, 2016.

1. marceting

Trusted

2. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Watched this this past week. Enjoyed it. Though felt like the murder mystery angle actually did it a disservice. Ending would've been just as climatic, if not more so, if we didn't know someone was going to die.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Andrea Arnold is doing season 2

4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jan 24, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 24, 2018)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

Holy shit

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Holy shit

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yooo

8. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Read a bit through the thread and I don't get the criticism. I finished this last night. This show has some killer acting and writing. The depiction of these characters is incredibly believable and there are plenty of scenes that truly get under your skin, especially those with Nicole Kidman. I mean, in that last episode, the shot of Max putting headphones on after listening to his mothers' abuse through the ventilation is so crippling. There are plenty of moments like that in each episode that lend you to sympathize with these (some may call them imperfect or unlikable) imo complex, fully-rounded characters. Really looking forward to the second season-- I've got faith that broadening scope beyond the book's storyline will be a positive thing for this show.

9. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

yeah, i ended up thinking this was much better than i anticipated

10. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I just finished reading the book. I couldn't put it down so it was a quick read. I'm excited to catch up on the show now. I don't get how they're making a season 2 though. It'll have to be very different.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

irthesteve and airik625 like this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

irthesteve likes this.
  13. I finally got around to watching this and found it surprisingly enthralling. Wasn't sure what to expect going in and ended up being completely blown away.

marceting, OotyPa and irthesteve like this.
  14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Definitely glad I finally watched this.

OotyPa likes this.
  15. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

When does the second season start?

16. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

It hasn’t been announced but I’m pretty sure they said it wasn’t coming out this year.

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  17. irthesteve

yeah it'll be a while

18. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

At least Sharp Objects starts this wknd!

irthesteve likes this.
  19. Watched the whole season these past few days. Can't say I particularly enjoyed it early on, it felt like I was watching a soap about rich white people problems, but about halfway through I was hooked. I kind of liked knowing that someone was going to get murdered from the get-go because it added to the dreadful feeling, like watching a trainwreck happening in slow motion, but the murder mystery angle with the interviews always took me out of it. Everything else, though, was so well executed. I spent zero energy trying to predict the rather predictable ending and just focused on the relationships. I enjoyed all the performances and admire the important work the story is doing in terms of showing what abuse and its effects can look like. Kind of wish the cast was a bit more racially diverse, but I guess I can say that about almost every other show. Hopefully at the very least Zoe has a bigger role next season.

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

21. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

THERE’S MORE

5067A852-26A3-4BC5-905C-C25956EF4CCE.jpeg 142B100C-1A21-4A53-9C54-C1808168D871.jpeg

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I WANT IT NOW.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i’m skeptical, but i’m also fucking IN.

marceting likes this.
  25. irthesteve