Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Big Little Lies (HBO) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Oct 15, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

At first I was mad how they're teasing the murder but now I'm glad we're not finding out until the end

airik625 likes this.
  2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Murderess???

3. Chuck!

Regular

I haven't loved some of the plot details that they added to the book, but I've enjoyed this overall. Those deviations have made the series somewhat more interesting, though, since I wouldn't be shocked if they changed the murderer/victim

4. 5Stories

Regular

Do they keep doing the really annoying and pointless interview-scene flashforwards throughout? It completely takes you out of the drama and it's way overused. Really good performances in this show but I'm finding it extremely annoying and everyone's so unlikeable.

5. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Oh god not the "they're unlikeable" thing again. I can't stand that shit in the Love thread.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE THEM AS PEOPLE.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  6. 5Stories

Regular

Wow, I have never seen Love but it's ok for someone to have a different view than you on a tv show. They are unlikeable and there's nothing about them I can identify with to make them interesting. There are plenty of shows with unlikeable protagonists that make you care about the stakes, not so much this one.

7. airik625

I don't have a problem with interviews as much as I have a problem with the fact that the characters they are interviewing are people we barely even know. Some of them we haven't seen at all.

8. airik625

yeahrightdude, teebs41 and y2jayjk like this.
  9. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

The incident with the tennis racket was such a beautiful karmic moment.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I really dont like this show

imthesheriff likes this.
  11. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

This show is great idk why people don't like it

12. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

13. airik625

One episode left and we still don't know who was killed. What the hell.

14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

thats what I like about it

OotyPa and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  15. airik625

Yeah I like that the show is more than just about who killed who.

OotyPa and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  16. airik625

17. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

That was satisfying. The final reveal/shock/twist was jaw dropping.

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Really? I called the kid bully and the victim within ep 2. The murderer was out of left field but didnt feel earned. Underwhelmed by the entire show

imthesheriff likes this.
  19. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah I called everything except the murderer. Too easy. Waste of time.

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

yea.. both my fiancee and I figured out most of the big ending stuff about halfway through the season. But it was still interesting how we got there and seeing the events unfold. I also at times thought it would be too easy to have Perry be the one who got murdered, like it was too obvious. He was the one person that if he died I really didn't care, that being said I enjoyed the show and liked the ending. I thought the performances on the show were real solid too, which always helps.

21. Chuck!

Regular

I really enjoyed the final episode. I "knew" the ending already from the book (though they changed enough stuff that I thought they might change the ending), but I thought it was compelling anyway

The book is a quick, enjoyable read btw. You guys might like it even though you know the ending now

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I did see a lot of people online predict the ending, I think viewing this show as a murder mystery isn't doing it justice, for the most part I was just focusing on Madeline Celeste and Jane

SpyKi, Whalejaw and Chuck! like this.
  23. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

I mean the second I saw the silhouette of the guy throwing down Jane on the bed in the flashback I instantly recognized it as Alexander Skarsgard. Though maybe that's only because I watched so much True Blood.

Nevertheless, the writing on this was so flawlessly executed. Nice win by HBO.

stayillogical, y2jayjk and teebs41 like this.
  24. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Overall I enjoyed the show. Didn't see the Bonnie thing coming but everything else was pretty easy to call.

Kyle is hk likes this.
  25. Chuck!

Regular

I like how they shot the ending, but one of my favorite moments from the book was the group deciding that they would lie about how he died

marceting likes this.