Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Big Little Lies (HBO) TV Show • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Oct 15, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

look she went through a traumatic experience and was going through shit and thought a haircut would fix it

2. clucky

Trusted Supporter

A huge part of what made S1 fun was the element of mystery and all the waspy fighting between the ladies. Without those elements, show definitely wasn't the same.

Enjoyed the Celeste/Mary Louise stuff, and but beyond that I felt like I was just left with more questions than answers and left me wanting more (not in a "can't wait to see what they do next" way but in a "really wish this had been better")

What happened to Tom and Jane? Even if it didn't work out, seemed odd that they basically pretended like the two of them weren't setup together at the end of S1. And why did they make her new love interest look like a highschooler?

Doesn't Renata still have a big tech job? She has to be making good six figures if not seven. More than enough to still live the life she wants. Get a lawyer, show even passing evidence that she wasn't aware of her husband's crimes, and seems like she should've been able to easily land on her feet.

Not having Madeline finally be honest with Ed about what happened that night definitely left an unsatisfying mark on their story. Feels like Madeline didn't actually learn anything or grow at all...

Stuff with Bonnie and her mom just didn't land at all for me. Was just boring

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Sad this wasn't great. I haven't watched any of season 2 yet and not sure if it's worth it.

4. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I agree with everyone here. Definitely felt like a 6/10 when the first season was either a 9 or 10. Enjoyable but felt a bit hollow. I wonder often how it’d be if we got the original Andrea Arnold version.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

hmm this is from the same author as Big Little Lies as well as same showrunner

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

VERY interesting

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

was very worried this thread was getting bumped to announce a third season lol

9. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Starring Judi Dench as Celeste’s even worse grandmother

Kellan and Sean Murphy like this.
  10. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Alright I'm back in.

irthesteve likes this.
  11. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

So I just finished season 1 and was throughly entertained throughout. Thought it was very good but how can there be more seasons? Without any spoilers, like ,how? I get that the detectice thinks something is up but I don't wanna watch a season of a cop trying to figure out that that a bunch of women were defending themselves against an awful human rapist.

Everything ended no?

irthesteve likes this.
  12. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

You’re spot on. The show should have ended after the first season, which was really good and felt complete. The second season introduces new characters and attempts to explore generational trauma and the cyclical nature of violence. It’s mostly a failure and upends a lot of the great character work of season one. Also leaves a few characters stranded without much space/motivation for narrative and ends up feeling like a waste of great acting talent. Also all the directorial stylings were edited out, so there’s less to enjoy aesthetically than the first season. Basically, it felt super forced where the first season felt inspired.

the rural juror likes this.
  13. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Worth watching at all?

The entire first season/show was built on "who died" "who did it" and well...we got our answers. And while the characters are great, they're not great in the vain of "whats next for this rag tag crew".

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

IMO the second season was an absolute disaster story-wise but has some very, very good performances from Dern, Kidman, & Streep. I don't even remember how S2 ended it was that mostly forgettable.

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I mean, personally I don't need to get all deep and "tv writer"-y about it, Season Two was still good tv. Sure it wasn't as good as Season One, but so what, still is better than a lot of shit out there and well worth watching

16. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I disagree. It was bad and not worth watching.

the rural juror and Sean Murphy like this.
  17. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i mean, it absolutely was not good and the writing is the reason why haha. they completely abandoned characters that they actually wrote well in season one and the conflicting motives and traits of the other characters shifted episode to episode. it was bizarre.

OotyPa likes this.
  18. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I’d say it’s not worth watching. The quality drops a lot. There are good performances but to see the quality of the character writing drop and all the nuance go out the window is upsetting, ruins the legacy of the first season. I like to pretend the second season isnt even canon.

phaynes12 likes this.
  19. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

You miss out on nothing by skipping season 2. Not worth your time.

phaynes12 likes this.