Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Big Little Lies (HBO) TV Show • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Oct 15, 2016.

1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

The entire season sucked

Kyle is hk likes this.
  2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I loved the first two and had such high hopes after that, but I don’t think it did enough to justify being made as a whole. I would pay good money to see it released with Andrea Arnold’s vision intact.

It was worth a watch for Meryl being a straight up villain and Renata’s memeworthy outbursts, but I am let down that this is the end now.

3. OotyPa

fall away

I really liked it for what it’s worth, though I want more of these characters. This season flew by. Hope it gets renewed and they don’t repeat the same issues (that article about the post-production process really was enlightening).

4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

let it end please

5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I’m over wanting anything else now. The only way I would even think of watching another season is if they came out and said flat out that it would have no story and no mystery and no conflict and just be the women sitting around a campfire or beach picnic for seven hours.

OotyPa likes this.
  6. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Finale was fine, but like the whole season it was just average and totally didn’t need to exist save for Meryl and Laura doing their thing.

7. OotyPa

fall away

I thought Nicole Kidman did a stellar job this season too.

Garrett L. likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

the only acceptable new seasons would be just Renata or just Abigail and Chloe in like a Zombieland scenario

or just Adam Scott and Shailene hopefully getting more gigs because of this I'd be fine with, though it was weird how hot he was in this

but yeah definitely overall acting and memes were great but I'm glad Sharp Objects and Fosse/Verdon are just gonna be one season as great as they are, sometimes that's enough, and I would have been okay if this was only one season

9. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Season one was a 10, this was a 7.5ish. Would totally watch a 3rd.

10. Ya S2 was underwhelming overall, but it was still enjoyable because of the characters and cast.

11. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Would watch endless hours of Laura Dern destroying trains but yeah overall this season didn’t need to exist.

12. I did enjoy this

[​IMG]

OotyPa and Maybevictor like this.
  13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

We just watched the finale, and while i thought the courtroom scenes were great, now that the season is over, i enjoyed it as entertaining television, but now feel it completely unnecessary as a whole. I also just wasnt a fan of how many times in one episode they can try to “trick” you into thinking somethings gonna happen that isnt. Also seemed like a lame way to end off.

Not expecting/wanting a S3.

14. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Unless they've said otherwise since, earlier this year Marti Noxon said that a second season of Sharp Objects could potentially happen.

15. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

16. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I just got around to watching the finale and did not like it all. The entire second season just wasn't on the same level as the first. I mean just a few moments before they all walk into the police station to turn themselves in, Celeste was just saying how the lie was their friendship.

Laura Dern was fucking hilarious the entire show though.

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the more i think about this whole season the more i dislike it

phaynes12 likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

19. OotyPa

fall away

Article reads like damage control to me. I may have liked it but there were definitely issues with Season 2, particularly with its editing, and after reading the indiewire piece a few weeks ago, those issues were amplified. If there ends up being another season, i think the best thing they can do is work from the mistakes of this one, rather than denying them. I also think bringing in the actual book’s author would help the writing team keep the tone consistent with the original story.

20. mad

I was right. Prestigious

So season 2 just exists in an alternate universe where self defence doesn’t exist huh

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  21. mad

I was right. Prestigious

That was the sharpest dip in quality between consecutive seasons of a show I’ve ever experienced

22. the rural juror Sep 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 8, 2019)
    the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

I’d give that honor to True Detective.

But anyway I finally watched season 2 and generally agree. The first season was perfect, the second...decidedly less so. The first few episodes were okay, but the back half was rough.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

None of this season has stuck with me in the slightest, except for maybe Meryl screaming at the dinner table.

the rural juror likes this.
  24. the rural juror Sep 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 8, 2019)
    the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Shailene Woodley’s decision to wear bangs will certainly stick with me.

25. chelsealouanne

Regular

I just finished watching yesterday, too! I enjoyed the beginning of the season, but the rest did fall flat. In the Season 2 finale, I feel like this rushed trying to bring some other characters storylines together besides Celeste (because hers was basically all of Season 2).