Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Big Brother (CBS) TV Show • Page 50

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by yeahrightdude, May 16, 2016.

1. T.K.

Prestigious Browser Prestigious

Cody was an incredibly refreshing HG due to how genuine, outspoken, and upfront he was on the show. He wasn't fake in the slightest (even if it was a little grating at times). Essentially every HG/person has had some problematic issues, but he's not a fucking psychopath. Like, really? He had definitely expressed some troubling statements, but I think it's more rooted in ignorance than hate.

Also come the fuck on. It was clearly poor taste but Jason's attempt at dark humor and honestly a side effect of the mob mentality that has permeated in the house this season. He regretted it and clearly felt guilty about making the joke. From the composite of the season, Jason genuinely seems like a good guy.

2. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

No fucking way would I ever defend rape threats or someone bragging about their transphobia.

Joel likes this.
  3. T.K.

Yeah, because that's exactly what I expressed and I'm glad you were able to view the totality of my comment rather than reduce it to a strawman :ok:

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This is the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen. So embarrassing.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  5. irthesteve

Fuck the jury so hard

kbeef2 and yeahrightdude like this.
  6. irthesteve

I'll never get over this

Joel, kbeef2 and yeahrightdude like this.
  7. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

I only watched this year because my girlfriend loves Big Brother, but is this was usually happens? The guy who played the best game loses because the jury is bitter? Season was pretty boring, overall. What kills me that everyone had a chance to take a shot at Paul & after his pendant expired they never did it. Worst move was Jess/Cody going after Josh during their HOH week and using Ramses as a pawn. Totally backfired.

Not having to see Cody or Raven again will be nice.

8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

As somebody who has only seen this season, the jury system seems super flawed

9. irthesteve

the short answer is that the jury usually comes to their senses and awards the best player the win, even if the jury was voted out because of said person.

I truly think that after watching this season... the majority of the people had to be recruits (not fans who applied, but rather people that production found otherwise). This jury overall can NOT be people who are fans of the game, they seemed like they cared more about being on tv than winning a game called Big Brother.

10. yeahrightdude Sep 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 21, 2017)
    yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Well, I had more typed out including something about how I'm not sure what feeds you were watching but on the feeds I watched Jason definitely didn't express much guilt about that comment at all. (In fact he's made multiple rape threats veiled as "dark humor") Then I realized not only were you defending them but you were pretty much doing it blindly, so I decided to just cut straight to the point instead.

Joel likes this.
  11. irthesteve

fair warning to everyone.... never go to the big brother reddit, good lord is that place a cesspool

12. T.K.

There was nothing logical about your point though because you equated making positive comments about individuals as a whole to supporting "rape threats" and transphobia. A person can like an artist's music even if that artists holds beliefs that's contrary to their own and likewise someone can like an individual without supporting everything that person does or believes.

I said overall Jason seems like a genuinely good person. He's made comments that he shouldn't have (he did express remorse for general comments about Kevin to a few weeks ago to Alex but it wasn't specific) but it's ridiculous to pretend they were legitimate threats. The discussion prior to the comment was about what the craziest shit they could think of to instigate shit with Kevin. It was clearly a joke but it was inappropriate, wrong, and tasteless to say and he should be called out for it but that doesn't totally define someone. I also don't understand why you think Cody is a psychopath or why it's wrong to find Cody entertaining as a houseguest due to the characteristics I mentioned in my other post while acknowledging he holds some problematic views.

13. yeahrightdude Sep 21, 2017
    yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Cody bragged about flying to Police brutality protests to see if he could “survive”. He was constantly talking about how he wanted to kill or beat the shit out of Josh and his family. Bragged about how he would tell the whole world he was a sexual predator once they were out of the house just to “ruin his life” because of a tv show.

These aren’t “beliefs”! That’s fucking psycho!
    Joking about raping someone (multiple times) isn’t a “belief” it’s fucking harassment.

My original post never said anything about Jasons intentions with those comments I just said that he is an ignorant cowboy who has threatens to rape someone’s family. Which is completely true.

You’re the one who jumped in to say that the ignorant cowboy who threatened to rape someone’s family “seems like a genuinely good dude”.

I don’t need to have a discourse about why these actions are abhorrent and irredeemable just because you think they didn’t mean it. I can simply tell you there’s no fucking way I’ll defend the person who made the atrocious comments.

Joel likes this.
  14. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, Cody came across as a pretty shitty human being.

15. T.K.

Cody absolutely did not threaten or talk about harming Josh's family and that's a flat out lie. He has made comments about wishing they were on the outside and comments with the implication that he wanted to fight Josh and it did get heated in the house. However, Josh verbally harassed and bullied him for weeks along with the other HGs! Also the threats to "ruin his life" were because of allegations by multiple female houseguests of Josh peeping on them in the shower early in the season. Do you really have an issue with someone being called out for that?

You're being ridiculous because I never said rape jokes was a "belief". I clearly stated it was a mistake, tasteless, and inappropriate so come on dude. To your point though, who did Jason make multiple jokes about? It was a disgusting joke to make but he did not say he'd rape his family so again you're adding bits that are untrue. He absolutely should be called out on it. It's ridiculous though to say a joke is the same thing as threatening that action and actually cheapens true threats. If someone said "if that person calls in tomorrow, I'll fucking kill them", you would recognize the context and not take that as an actual threat.

You've had this condescending tone this entire time and continuously ignore the main point I've been trying to make. You were disparaging people for voting the HG they liked the most in the show and acted like they must have agreed with the shittiest things those HGs did. I defended why people enjoyed Cody on the show and that Jason is a good guy overall but has said fucked up shit that he shouldn't have. Someone can acknowledge a person's problematic views and hate/be disappointed in their actions but still enjoy them overall on the show.

16. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Fixed it for you.

irthesteve likes this.
  17. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

Wow. Thats all I could think after watching the outcome last night. I'm surprised by how bitter the jury was. They all admitted that Paul played well and that they trusted him.

I hope the celebrity cast is good.

18. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

He 100% did. Josh’s family even made a statement about it so I’m done with this stupid back and forth.

irthesteve likes this.
  19. irthesteve

I have to block out last night, every time I remember the finale happened I get really pissed off

20. T.K.

Haha thank you for reaffirming your statement instead of providing video or anything to back it up. This discussion has been stupid because you've insisted on ignoring valid points, stretching truth or lying, and continually being hyperbolic. You played yourself meatball

21. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I NEED TO VENT

FUCK THIS. I don't hate Josh at all but honestly fuck Alex and Jason, I hate them both so much, fucking sore losers rolling their eyes at everything. Paul won 50k so I'm happy and atleast Josh was a more real person than most despite his crazy antics. That was a good final three but like, the most obviously unfair vote I've probably ever seen on this show

More than anything, you give fucking America's vote to Cody? Award the maybe shittiest dude I've ever seen on reality TV over Kevin? His exit interview and behaviour on the round table was so sweet and he deserved that over the most punchable face I've maybe ever seen. I'm happy for both Josh and Paul but I'm devastated that the majority of people want to support someone like that. My faith in ppl is seriously shaken though I know the majority of reality TV watchers aren't as socially conscious as the people on this site. Just..just fuck.

VanMastaIteHab and irthesteve like this.
  22. Joel Sep 21, 2017
    Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Also @T.K. stop defending people that joke about transphobia and raping someone's daughter. Fucking gross and his arguments are legitimate and he has continuously backed them up with quotes and videos

A huge thank you goes to @yeahrightdude for letting us in on things we couldn't see in an edit clearly in favour of horrid people, helped me see the whole season in a different light and my girlfriend and I were very grateful for your consistent info

23. T.K.

You obviously have poor reading comprehension because I defended why someone would vote for individuals despite their shitty words/actions. He boiled the votes down to the houseguests very worst parts and choses to willingly ignore the positive reasons. My first post was basically saying Cody is problematic but not a psychopath and Jason is overall a decent human being. I completely stand by those statements. He hasn't provided any videos or anything when he's responded to me.

No one threaten to rape someone's daugher so again stop making shit up. What Jason said was disgusting enough without needlessly adding inaccuracies to it. I've never defended their statements/jokes and have consistently stated it was inappropriate, wrong, and fucked up so stop misrepresenting my statements. It's ridiculous.

24. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I'm sure you're not a bad person and my emotions are running high so whatever, I have fine reading comprehension and have read and watched the bullshit both Jason and Cody have done and don't think it's worth defending either of them. You have every right to like them just as I have every right to say they suck. You said Cody was real and I agree with that, real in that he was stubborn and infantile and consistently refused to break out of his vacant stare and exude sociopathic behaviour. He hated everyone and was totally joyless, said terrible things, and don't see what the point is of going to bat for him when he was childish at best and legitimately bad at worst.

However, if you wanna overlook that, that's you and I shouldn't have called you out directly. I still strongly disagree with your opinions.

T.K. likes this.
  25. irthesteve

This seems like as good a place as any for this argument to end, eh?

kelseyleigh likes this.