Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Big Brother (CBS) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by yeahrightdude, May 16, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Want cast asap

2. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

3. irthesteve

4. yeahrightdude May 24, 2016
    (Last edited: May 24, 2016)
    yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty interesting article. I don't know if anything they're saying is true or just the same speculation we all hear but it's worth a read.
    'Big Brother 18': Former Players Predict New Season Twists, Talk Cast Diversity

if you don't want to read it here's what they're speculating
    30 guests to start and they compete to see who goes into the house, possibly a 50/50 previous/new house guest season, and even maybe an all couples

5. Miller304

Be excellent to one another. Supporter

6. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

MUCH EXCITE!!

7. devenstonow

Noobie

If I were to (attempt*) to bingewatch one season prior to the new season, having never watched the show before and being a huge survivor fan, what season should I try?

*incredibly unlikely that I will finish it

8. irthesteve

6, then 7 if you want classic. 16 if you want recent.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  9. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Some of the older seasons have less episodes so they may be easier to get through. I got into it because I was at my parents when they were watching the first episode of last year's season. So I decided to keep up.

I think that was a good way to get into it because I had no biases or anything built up. I was able to enjoy the season for what it was because of my naivety even though some people said it wasn't a great season.

But since watching 17 I've watched 2, 13,14,15, and 16. And I have to agree that 16 is a really good season to get a feel for the "modern" version. And everyone I have talked to have said 6 and 7 are must-watches.

10. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

A buddy of mine sent me some news he read that explained a CRAZY twist, but then he realized it was the BBUK rules.

I think I'm already obsessed with BBUK now.

11. irthesteve

tell me the twist spoilerrrrr

12. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

This is what my friend sent me
    " theres 2 houses, 1 is not aware of the other. with one house of people gunning to get the other people out (that dont know they exist) or some shit. and many people are connected in the house"

13. irthesteve

that is amazing

EDIT: it would be smart to do this for the US version also, because once the news of this gets out to the big brother world, the US would have a tough time pulling it off in the future

14. Miller304

Season 15 was the most controversial, the actual aired CBS show watered down a lot of the racism, although it was addressed heavily, but the live feeds were amazing for that season.

15. irthesteve

Every time this bumps, I hope it's for the new cast

16. devenstonow

Noobie

Started watching S16 last night; only reached right before they revealed the second half of the cast. This is the season with Caleb, right?

So far I'm kinda eh. I watched the beginning of 10 but couldn't deal with how people played up their personalities. The, "I'm looking for a hot guy with brown hair!" and "I'm looking for a hot girl with blonde hair!" duo setup they do is a little odd.

The only personality play-up that isn't bothering me so far is Frankie; but only because I've seen the clip of him "coming out" as Ariana Grande's brother and how no one really cared.

17. Miller304

I agree, I really hope this season they go back to cast diversity. This show is so much more fun when they have a wide spectrum of ages and backgrounds. Lately they have stuck to the tired formula of the majority being male and female models that have absolutely no idea what BB is until they are sequestered and have to cram in a marathon to understand how the game works.

18. devenstonow

Noobie

it's why donny is my favorite so far lol.

But, and this is also how I feel about Survivor, I hate superfans that present themselves as focusing on superfans. I hate Cochran and was (at times) frustrated with Jeremy in his first season (of Survivor). I'm getting that vibe from Nicole (I think that's her name, the blonde college girl with an accent. I would look it up but I'm, for the first time ever, avoiding spoilers)

19. yeahrightdude Jun 9, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 9, 2016)
    yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

20. irthesteve

Hmmm, I dunno about that :tear:

21. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Eh lame and Audrey being a coach makes no sense. It's purely political.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  22. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Fuck that.

23. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah that's pretty much how I feel.

Derrick is a good pick. Ian is a weasel and should have gotten 2nd so I don't think he was a good choice. Vanessa is the worst but I think she'd be a good coach. [\spoiler]

24. yeahrightdude Jun 10, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 10, 2016)
    yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

There seem to be some other names floating around now too. Ian has announced he isn't returning. I'm too impatient to wait until Monday. I'm almost embarrassed by how obsessed I am with this show.

Frank Eudy (14), Nicole Franzel (16), Da'Vonne Rogers and James Huling (17)

25. irthesteve

Too many rumors omg