Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Biffy Clyro Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by George, Mar 9, 2016.

1. This album is very much them playing to both sides of their fanbase (straightforward stuff v. weirder stuff) and making it sound as cohesive as possible.

New single is a very good example of that:

fredwordsmith likes this.
  2. ghostxvapor

Trusted

I really enjoyed the newest single

3. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

All the positive comments so far are guaranteeing that I’m not going to listen to this new single until the album drops in two weeks. I have waited this long, and it sounds like it’s worth it to wait a bit longer.

Carrow likes this.
  4. JM95

Trusted

Headlining the Saturday at next year's Download Festival (much to the sweet annoyance of a lot of metal fans).

Thrillcollinz and Carrow like this.
  5. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

DL is such an unambitious festival when it comes to headliners. It seems like they choose from a rotation of the same 10 bands, (which includes Biffy) and never look at allowing other, newer bands to take that next step. I mean KISS? Again? In 2020!?

6. JM95

Trusted

Sadly yes. Kiss. System, who have basically given up trying and are just doing it for the money now. Biffy are the freshest band on there.

7. BenSmith94

Trusted

I re-listened to Opposites the other day and found it has really aged well. Keen for this new album.

Crisp X and Thrillcollinz like this.
  8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

And yet Biffy are the ones people will shit on. Mad.

JM95 likes this.
  9. JM95

Trusted

I know

Unless 1998 System Of A Down transport and replace their present corpses, Biffy will be the best headliner of the weekend and probably one of the best bands.

10. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

Just looking back through the last 10 lineups (including this announcement), Muse and The Prodigy are the only bands not to have headlined more than once. That's crazy.

Also, Biffy are incredible live! People are silly.

Carrow likes this.
  11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Please tell me your name is a reference to the band that play 2000 Trees?

Thrillcollinz likes this.
  12. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

Haha, it's actually an old gamer tag, but beautiful coincidence - or a name I unintentionally stole... They are true silent disco legends, though :praise:

Carrow and SamLevi11 like this.
  13. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

haven't liked anything from them since about half of only revelations but I'll peep this I guess

14. Thrillcollinz likes this.
  15. navidson

Regular

Loving this so far - A real mix of all of their styles

16. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This band frustrates the hell out of me bc when I passively listen, or read about them, they seem perfect for my sensibilities.

but I find them so boring most of the time :/

17. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

Holy fuck, Cop Syrup is MAD.

navidson and Carrow like this.
  18. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

What a fucking record. The weirdness of early stuff and the production of OR. Best thing with Costey by a mile.

“Tiny Indoor Fireworks” has been the song I listen to this year when I’m looking for hope. It is perfectly placed on this record. And the finale is MADNESS. I cannot WAIT to hear that one live, however the hell they can do it.

offislandghost and Carrow like this.
  19. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Which records/songs seem boring? Not doubting your experience but man, I have rarely heard those words used to describe Biffy. They have so many great sounds, they should fit almost any bill.

offislandghost likes this.
  20. dlemert

Trusted

This record is so good. Pretty instantly my favorite since Only Revolutions. North of No South is one helluva opener.

21. offislandghost

So far, my favorite album of the year. It’s not even close.

22. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

"Cop Syrup" is so fucking beautiful. The whole record is great, but my goodness, what a finale. I get goosebumps and tears for the last half and the very end blast is so cathartic and primal. It's amazing.

23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah this record rules. What a massive step back up from their last two records.

24. Iain

Regular

i bought tickets to their headline show at Bellahouston Park in 2021. £15 in fees for two tickets is madness! Great live band

25. JM95

Trusted

I don't like all of this album but I don't care because the songs I do like are great. Tiny Indoor Fireworks and Cop Syrup in particular.