Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Beyonce & Jay Z - On The Run 2 Tour Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by manoverboard365, Mar 5, 2018.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

Turkeylegz likes this.
  2. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I really need to see this but it'll probably break the bank. How fast did the last one sell out?

3. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Will this be baseball or football stadiums? There's a significant difference in experience. I assume it'll hit the Metlife stadium here and best seats, face value, will probably be $200-250.

4. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

"The listing said the concert takes place on Monday, July 30 at Philadelphia’s Lincoln Financial Field."

5. marissalg

Trusted

I heard they were trying to get this at the football stadium by me. Really hoping that it worked out haha.

6. TMS2787

Trusted

I went in 2014 to the Cincinnati show. I paid a good amount for seats that where in the bowl, next to stage. It was about mid-way up the section. Directly behind the foul pole. Which was really, really annoying. I didn’t know before I bought them and as soon as we sat down… boom.

I recall I paid about $120 a ticket, I bought them off someone but I do think almost every show sold really well during that tour. I don’t know how much i’ll spend this time. I’m also hoping it’s closer to me this go ‘round.

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Didn't Jay just have a ton of problems trying to sell out arenas on the 4:44 tour? I thought I had read most of the shows didn't sell well. Obviously, Beyonce is a much bigger draw but I can't imagine they'd fill football stadiums, could they?

8. manoverboard365

Trusted

If there was any problems selling tickets for Jay it was probably the result of them adding 2nd or 3rd nights in the same cities. Jay has no problem filling up an arena anywhere.

This will definitely be in football stadiums. When they did this tour 3 years ago it was also in football stadiums and it sold super fast.
    Hell on Beyonce's last solo tour, she did 2 nights at a baseball stadium and one night at a football stadium here in NYC and they all sold out.

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This was the article I was referring to: Jay Z’s ‘4:44’ Tour Tickets Are Reportedly Not Selling Well

Also, I don't think the Cleveland show came close to selling out and he only did one show here. Hell, even Kanye didn't come close to selling out TLOP tour in Cleveland. In fact, the Q let me cancel my original ticket order, which was like $100+ for nosebleeds and re-buy in the lower level for half the price because they were having such a tough time selling tickets that they changed all the prices the week before the show.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  10. manoverboard365

Trusted

Wow I feel silly. I've always thought of Jay as like a baseball stadium level artist now across the country.
    That Kanye tidbit is crazy too. Funny how when I saw him in LA on that tour, it was one of 9 shows at the same arena and they were pretty much all sold out, meanwhile in another city he struggled to sell out just one night.

11. heymattrick

Sending my love

Well, you know, all good articles make a robust claim, followed by "if you believe the people on the internet" and a random website as a source. >-p

12. TMS2787

Trusted

Complex is hardly random, they just suck. But that article was debunked by Roc Nation

They’ll have no problems selling well at all of the shows. Every single show on the first tour sold out. And Beyonce did stadiums on her own in 2016, also selling out evert show. And that was with DJ Khaled as an opener. That hardly has the draw of people as seeing them together.

Jay-Zs last tour drew on par with his recent solo headliners. The box office receipts that are reported for five dates (according to Wiki) are each good numbers, three of which sold out. Kanye also did just fine. The Cleveland show wasn’t sold out but there was more full then empty seats, same with the Columbus show.

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Jay-Z's tour didn't do well because he made it so hard to hear 4:44, but alongside Beyonce there will be no problem selling these shows. I really struggle to see these not being at football stadiums.

14. heymattrick

Sending my love

The source I was referring to that is mentioned in the article is "Digital Music News", which hardly sounds reputable or common to me

15. TMS2787

Trusted

Ah… makes sense. Complex gets a few more suck points now.

16. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

I can confirm 4:44 tour definitely had a tough time selling in a lot of cities, they had to run a lot of promos, lowered ticket prices(main problem was the album he toured on and the ticket prices being outrageous) and they eventually just had to give a bunch out for free.

He still did well as far as money made and all that but it didn't do that great. Box office scores will show sold out and all that but I know for a fact they had to do a lot of promos and give out a lot of free tickets in a few cities including here.

NOW on to this tour, it will sell very well like their first one did which was in baseball stadiums and some football. Beyonce herself sells out football stadiums so this will have no issue selling unless prices are insane. They're supposed to have an album together to go with this tour but that's been a rumor for a while now.

manoverboard365 and ncarrab like this.
  17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I’m sure in big markets, a football stadium may work. I’m just speaking for Cleveland and think that’d Be a tough gig to fill up. First Energy Stadium holds 72K, which is more than twice the size of Progressive Field (34K cap baseball stadium) and 52K more than the Q, where Jay had trouble selling tickets before. I also remember The Q offering tix at a discounted rate right before Jay show which undoubtedly helped fill seats.

Also, There’s only been a handful of concerts at our football stadium in the 20years it’s been open. I’d be pretty surprised if it came to Cleveland and was there.

18. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

this also isn't a jay show, it's a beyonce show

Garrett L. likes this.
  19. TMS2787 Mar 5, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 5, 2018)
    TMS2787

Trusted

It’s most likely not coming to Cleveland but if it was I assure you it’d do very well. I believe you’re not realizing how big Beyonce is and how much of a draw she has pretty much world wide. Add Jay-Z to the mix and it’s even bigger.

She sold out Heinz Feild, in Pittsburgh. Which is very samilar in demographic, the way tours draw ther as they draw here.

If U2 can sellout First Energy, so can Beyonce with Jay-Z.

20. emojedi

Trusted

not sure what your point is considering U2 is still arguably the biggest band in the world still

21. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Beyoncé might be a bigger draw though

22. ncarrab Mar 6, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 6, 2018)
    ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I get that completely. My point was Jay probably sold about 10-12K seats at The Q in Cleveland...Will Beyonce be able to fill up the other 60K seats to fill up a 72K cap football stadium in Cleveland? Maybe. I don't know. I think there's a reason there's only been a handful of concerts at our football field in the 20 years its been open.

I fully understand how big Beyonce is, and in certain markets, would have no problem filling up a football stadium.

According to Wikipedia, the Heinz Field show had 36K in attendance. So I suppose if they close half the stadium off, then yes, it'd sell out easily. For what it's worth, U2 sold 51K when they played at First Energy.

23. TMS2787

Trusted

U2 is huge, yes and I went to the show myself. BUT Beyonce might be a bigger draw though - in the history of music they are one of the biggest bands of all time but Beyonce is easily one of the biggest names in music the last 10-15 years. She has to be hands down the biggest female artist in the 2000s and she ranks up there with the all-time. I don’t have numbers to back this but she is just as big of a draw as U2 and maybe more so.
    Well they never fully fill every single seat in those places unless they are playing in the round. U2s stage set up was so massive but that show was sold out, it was one of the first dates of that tour to sell out. I don’t know if in Cleveland Beyonce and Jay-Z could fill 51K-70K seats but I do think they’d come close.

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Well, looks like they are playing First Energy stadium, haha. Will be interested to see how many seats they close off for it.

25. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

OTR II NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES:

July 25 Cleveland, OH FirstEnergy Stadium On sale March 19

July 28 Washington, DC FedEx Field On sale March 19

July 30 Philadelphia, PA Lincoln Financial Field On sale March 19

Aug. 02 E. Rutherford, NJ MetLife Stadium On sale March 19

Aug. 05 Boston, MA Gillette Stadium On sale March 19

Aug. 08 Minneapolis, MN US Bank Stadium On sale March 19

Aug. 10 Chicago, IL Soldier Field On sale March 19

Aug. 13 Detroit, MI Ford Field On sale March 19

Aug. 18 Buffalo, NY New Era Field On sale March 19

Aug. 23 Nashville, TN Vanderbilt Stadium On sale March 19

Aug. 25 Atlanta, GA Mercedes Benz Stadium On sale March 19

Aug. 29 Orlando, FL Camping World Stadium On sale March 19

Aug. 31 Miami, FL Hard Rock Stadium On sale March 19

Sept. 11 Arlington, TX AT&T Stadium On sale March 19

Sept. 13 New Orleans, LA Mercedes-Benz Superdome On sale March 19

Sept. 15 Houston, TX NRG Stadium On sale March 19

Sept. 19 Phoenix, AZ University of Phoenix Stadium On sale March 19

Sept. 22 Los Angeles, CA Rose Bowl On sale March 19

Sept. 27 San Diego, CA SDCCU Stadium On sale March 19

Sept. 29 Santa Clara, CA Levi’s Stadium On sale March 19

Oct. 02 Vancouver, BC BC Place On sale March 19

For complete tour and ticket information visit: http://www.livenation.com, http://www.beyonce.com