Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Beyoncé Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Damn I wish I was :( It's like $175 here which isn't bad but I'm also traveling next month so I can't just blow my money ahhhh

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Yeah, my friend and I got 5th row in the upper deck for $98 each, but then she had a ton of shit go down and I'm actually quite shocked at how hard of a time I am at finding someone to go with me.

3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Would this album be likely to sway someone like me who really only likes some singles from Beyonce, and was "meh" on the self-titled? I'll give a listen anyway, but was wondering how different it is from that last album.

4. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

5. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

You can buy the album and the film for $17.99 now

6. BREAKING NEWS: This is really good.

Drew Beringer, Nick and Robk like this.
  7. Garrett

Finally getting to watch the visual piece.

8. Garrett

Oh my God.

9. The visual album is so fucking stunning visceral moving goddamn

Miss Heartcore likes this.
  10. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Just did a first play through, its really good. She'll probably never top self-titled, but this feels really visceral and loose. So when's that divorce coming?

11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

up on itunes now.

12. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Beyonce is not the type of artist that necessarily sings about her own life, so people really need to stop drawing conclusions about her and Hove. It's a corny thing to do anyway.

SpyKi likes this.
  13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I don't see how singing about a relationship is corny. Most people seem to think it's either about Jay, backed up by two years of rumours, or her father. That's not corny.

Garrett L. likes this.
  14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think they mean drawing conclusions about other people's marriages based on songs is a corny thing to do. At least that's how I took it.

ChaseTx and The Lucky Moose like this.
  15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Right, misread the meaning. Maybe but policing what a person can and cannot take from a song is corny imo. I mean if we can't evaluate songs what's the point? And the obvious thing is Jay. Not that I necessarily believe the songs are about him, but it's a fairly obvious connection to make.

16. The Lucky Moose

I'm not policing. I'm just saying that I think it's corny and based on a (probably) false understandig of Beyonce's music.

17. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Beyonce has been explicitly singing about her life for years. "Rock his roc chain" on "formation", blue ft. Blue ivy, "heaven," every interlude on the last album was specifically about her and her life. Not saying that it isn't stupid to think they're getting divorced, because clearly they aren't, but it's not insane to think she's singing about her own life experiences.

18. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I think Beyoncé is just trying to increase the sales of Lemonade.

#iLEMONatti

19. Garrett

Really enjoyed this piece: Making Lemonade

20. The Lucky Moose

Which is why I said "necessarily". Yes, she sometimes talks about her own life, but that's hardly all she does. I highly doubt she would let something like this become public at all without a divorce (which as we can see is not happening), but definilty not like this. That's why I think all the people that are now jumping on the "she aired out Jay, the dirty cheater" bandwagon don't make much sense and "analyze" her lyrics on the same level as TMZ. That's corny.

21. Garrett

I mean, confronting a cheater doesn't also have to end in divorce. Reconciliation and forgiveness is a thing. Lemonade definitely seemed to suggest that was a process that happened.

St. Nate likes this.
  22. The Lucky Moose

Right, of course that is possible. I however doubt that that she would put that information out there, and if she would, that she would do it this way. Maybe I'm wrong. It still seems to me that I'm on the safer side than the people now pointing fingers at Jay as if Beyonce just released a tell all book.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

yeah Beyoncé is a very private person and I think all the speculation can be harmful but I also get why everyone's doing it

24. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

I'm trying to wrap my mind around what the editing process was like...how they decided to string it all together in that particular order from choosing when to do call backs of images to the previous songs...to using such slow, poignant images...my brain just melts.

25. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

If it didn't have a video companion I don't think there would be as much speculation. There would definitely be some but her throwing her wedding wrong off and Jay showing up in the way he did, sent the Internet into a spiral. I understand that it still could not be about them and is just imagery but I get why people think it is. I don't agree that they should be harassing Rita Ora or anyone though.