Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Beware The Slenderman (HBO) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Jan 24, 2017.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

hype. How was it?

3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

looking forward to this

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

It's out now, premiered last night

5. airik625

Haven't watched it yet, but I am tonight.

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Really? I thought it wasn't coming out til March...

edit: nvm, Guess I read that it was premiering in March 2016.

7. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

perfect way to spend a day home sick.

8. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Definitely interested in this - good to have something tickle my true crime and creepypasta fancy all at once.

9. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

weird that this isn't up anywhere besides HBO still? was planning on watching it tonight

10. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, really hoping this pops up somewhere else soon.

11. airik625

I really enjoyed it. Want to talk a little bit about it after some other people have watched it.

I kind of felt bad for Morgan. It's tough for me to say because she was the one who actuallg stabbed Bella. However, Anissa clearly took advantage of Morgan and preyed upon her in a way. She didn't like that Morgan had a best friend and I felt like she tried to remove her from the picture. She introduced Morgan to the site, she concocted the plan, then forced Morgan to fallow through with it even though she clearly did not want to. You could tell the whole time she didn't want to hurt her friend. I think she is absolutely responsible and should be held accountable, however, I just have a hard time not feeling for the girl.

More thoughts to come later after I've had some more time to digest it.

Looking forward to seeing what happens during the trial.

12. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

I think you're spot on. Morgan definitely has real mental health issues that can clearly be associated with her actions. Anissa seems like the more socially adept of the two and likely was able to convince Morgan that this was something that needed to be done. As soon as the doc mentioned that Bella was Morgan's childhood friend I was suspicious that Anissa was jealous and that had a lot to do with why she was their victim. I think Anissa also may be playing up the Slenderman thing because she knows pleading insanity gets people lighter sentences. Both of them are smart girls as is evident by the way they talk to adults.

I'm so glad that Bella ended up surviving this mess. I'm terrified to have kids when I hear about stories like this.

airik625 and GrantCloud like this.
  13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Very well done. The fan pictures of the girls at the end fucked me up

suicidesaints likes this.
  14. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Watched this with my wife over the weekend - very well put together and paced. Gave us a lot of good discussion points, especially on the state of mental healthcare and just how culpable someone can be at that age, seeing as 12 is definitely an age that understands consequence, but at the same time it can be hard to really estimate the degree of consequence they understand in something as terrible as this.