Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Between the Buried and Me Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bd007h, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Oh man please happen. I've only seen them once, on the Great Misdirect tour, and they were so good

2. Xenocide

The Czar

Didn't realize I didn't mention it here. Tommy did a live stream about a month back on his facebook. I asked if they were gonna do a Colors anniversary tour and he said "yeah guys a colors tour is most likely happening"

Joe4th and beachdude42 like this.
  3. goation

Regular

The Colors DVD is one of my favorite things ever so I'm pretty pumped for this.

Xenocide and Joe4th like this.
  4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Everyone and their MOTHER thought this was going to be a Colors anny tour announcment UGH

Xenocide likes this.
  5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I still have hope a Colors tour is happening :(

oldjersey likes this.
  6. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

beachdude, Joe4th and oldjersey like this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

YES

Joe4th likes this.
  8. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

oh dang

I just found out about that record a few weeks back and fell in love with it. it's so fucking good

9. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Just got listening to Coma Ecliptic and the album is on a pedestal that most metal or music can only think of going.
    Best song for me: Memory Place. Can't say enough about this song.

10. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Some live streaming going on over on their facebook. Recording drums right now.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  11. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

BUMP.

The announcement/release of Automata I has me going back and listening to the discog. What are everyone's rankings for their albums? what exactly are the stories in Parallax and Coma Ecliptic? I was really into Colors but kind of checked out on everything until now.

12. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

My ranking

Parallax
    Coma Ecliptic
    Colors
    Alaska
    Automata I
    The Great Misdirect
    The Silent Circus
    Between the Buried and Me

13. Micah511

I'm finding myself preferring Parallax II and Automata I recently. I need to give The Great Misdirect, Parallax I, and Coma Ecliptic better listens. I've always loved Colors and Alaska, and I probably won't bother revisiting anything before that.

bd007h likes this.
  14. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I personally group Parallax I/II as one album just like I’ll do with Automata I/II but I get why people would break them apart.

bd007h likes this.
  15. Micah511

I've just given II more time, I need to get acquainted with the story so that I can piece them together.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  16. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Anyone going to the show at the NC state fair tomorrow and can do me a favor PM me please

17. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I've thought that if they would open a show with Astral Body, then when the single guitar outro of the song ends Tommy would exclaim, "GET THE FUCK UP (city you're in)" then blast into Lay Your Ghosts To Rest. It would be very brocore of them. What a missed opportunity.

Shower thoughts.

18. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

19. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

listening to Colors this morning for the first time in years probably. this band used to be so fun. am I fucking up by not giving their new stuff a second chance?

specifically the Automata's and Coma had me scratching my head, thinking things just werent compelling by comparison.

20. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I think you are missing out. IDK if you listened or not, but The Paralax II: Future Sequence is at least my 2nd favorite of theirs. I'm with you on Coma though; that one never clicked as a whole album. Some of the songs of course were good. Automata however nailed it for me. Didn't immediately like Automata 1(maybe its where I listened to it first). But I came around on it after another listen in a better setting. I think that was after Automata 2 came out....

21. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I listened through the Parallax stuff and then totally fell off with Coma on. Alaska and Colors are total jams imo.

Maybe Ill try Automata 2 again.

22. Micah511 Oct 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 15, 2019)
    Micah511

Uhhh definitely listen to Automata. I is more accessible, II is more the wonky side of BTBAM, both are GREAT.

Supernova likes this.
  23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I come in early to work so I can leave before everyone so I get an hour to myself in the morning, blasting Colors on the speakers and man, it's just a perfect god damn album.

Jbent likes this.
  24. Jbent

Trusted

Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues is my favorite thing this band has ever done, I recognize it's only 3 songs so by pure quantity alone it can't be their best album, but it rules imo.

KidLightning likes this.
  25. DesolateEarth

Birb

Need to save money need to save money need to....

*sees the TGM 10 year vinyl*

...dammit.