Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Betty Who - The Valley (March 24, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Inna Selez

Regular

Yeah I was disappointed too.

2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

"Some Kinda Wonderful" is pretty ass. My level of hype for this album has dipped.

FTank likes this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. OwainGlyndwr

I am the Aleutian allusion illusion Supporter

I wasn't too keen on "Some Kinda Wonderful" when it was first released, but it's grown on me. And although the music video isn't necessarily super exciting or revolutionary or anything, it does show that she's having a really good time with her music, and that makes me like the song more. Still very, very excited for the album.

5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Just listened to Some Kinda Wonderful... it's not good. I think a good song could have been written with that chorus, but the verses are god awful.

6. irthesteve

The video is fun, and kinda makes me like the song a little bit more... still overall not a fan though. Also, the robot inclusion really makes me think of Robin Sparkles

7. irthesteve

new song at midnight

8. irthesteve

Another new song at midnight

9. irthesteve

Just listened to "You Can Cry Tomorrow" and it's hands down the best of the three. Brings back some hope for the album

10. irthesteve

11. None of these are good. Officially worried.

12. irthesteve

Not even a fan of Cry?

13. cshadows2887

She's a sneaky sonofabitch. She has all these little annoying hooks and snippets in really great pop songs that make them so interesting, like a stinky ass cheese that's delicious. "Don't start no shit, there won't be no shit" is so dumb, but it's so god damn catchy. Album is good.

14. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I like this album quite a bit!

15. I like this better than I was expecting. There's some stuff worth skipping and some that work better in the album flow, but by and large I'm happy with it even if it never lives up to my love of the last one.

16. irthesteve

This album really feels like two albums, it kinda throws me off. Wanna Be definitely signals a turning point to me where things change, in my opinion for the better. LOVE the opening track and the latter half of the album but I still really hate Some Kind of Wonderful, Mama Say and Human Touch. Do not care for Free To Fly either... I love her cover of I Love You Always Forever, but it definitely feels like a strange closer to the album.

17. irthesteve

OK, I'm not crazy to be surprised that ILYAF is on the album, I thought I remembered her saying it wasn't going to be on the album...

“I am a little worried about people thinking this is the first single [for the new album],” she says, making it clear that it is not. “I’m such a writer. I’m such an artiste that I’m so concerned about putting out my story specifically, and this is Donna’s story. For me, it’s redirected attention, wanting to go, ‘Hey guys, I promise I’m not dead.”

Betty Who Talks Covering Donna Lewis’ ‘I Love You Always Forever,’ Making Her Second Album

18. cshadows2887

Honestly on just a second listen, this is one of my favorite things to come out this year. Her last album was amazing, but it was fairly safe and was always stuck in that "this is like if Katy Petty had good writing" mode. This one feels bolder and more distinctly her own. Not better than the debut, but on par.

19. Holy shit, who is managing her ? Because the new music videos are superb, like the best ones I've seen for a pop star since Katy Perry during the Teenage Dream era. It makes me like the new songs better. I have to listen to the album asap.

20. She has to get huge, it's inevitable

cshadows2887 likes this.
  21. irthesteve

weird rollout, almost 1 year after it's release the lead single has a video

JRGComedy likes this.
  22. Quite an awkward video, especially the dancing parts. Eh

23. Inna Selez

Regular

Haha. I can imagine my boyfriend`s face if I started to dance next to the bed like in video.

24. jordanjohnson09

Regular

JRGComedy likes this.
  25. jordanjohnson09

Regular

just listened to the clip, sounds great