Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Better Oblivion Community Center (Phoebe Bridgers & Conor Oberst) - (January 24, 2019) Album • Page 46

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I wonder if they’ll do kinda like Boy Genius. Phoebe will do a set, then Connor, then BOCC set?

2. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

They already said in interviews it's not going to be like that. They also have two proper openers in addition to Better Oblivion...

3. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Ahhh shit didn’t even see that. I was not lucky enough to get tickets right away so I’ve been more stressed on the idea of being able to go lol.

But good to know!

teebs41 likes this.
  4. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I love the flow of Chesapeake into My City. My City’s bounce and swagger are a great pick-me-up after a song as tender as Chesapeake.

5. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Yesterday was the first day I didn’t listen to this album front to back since it came back.

Just saying, it was nice to hear again this morning.

6. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

seriously. this is hands down the best thing to come out this year. i know its early but still. dont see much else beating it out.

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  7. zmtr

Trusted

#2 for me after SVE.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  8. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

It’s either at 3 or 4 for me.

Copeland, Pedro the Lion and James Blake are the other 3.

9. SincerelyEmma

10. bedwettingcosmo

11. SincerelyEmma

12. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

If anyone is interested, here is my favorite Michigan band, Shortly, covering Chesapeake.

13. Jim

Trusted Supporter

My vinyl shipped

14. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Where did you order it from? I am moving at the end of the month and I initially had my current address which will change at the beginning of the month, but I had changed it to my new address thinking it wouldn't get here in time...but if they're gonna start shipping I need to change it back to my current address. Balancing preorders and this move has been stressful xD

15. Jim

Trusted Supporter

The secretly store pre order

K0ta likes this.
  16. momo32t

Trusted

Rough Trade never billed me for my in-store pick up of the album. Makes me nervous that I won't actually get the orange vinyl like I had ordered.

17. K0ta

I'm not doing the in store pickup but getting it shipped from them and I haven't been billed either. I think cause it's a preorder. They did the same when I ordered my Ex:Re album a couple of weeks ago. They'll probably process it when it ships or thereabouts.

EDIT: Or maybe for in store pickup on release day?

18. momo32t

Trusted

I'm tempted to call them to see what's going on, but I imagine I will get a follow-up email when its ready to be picked-up. So I guess this time next week?

19. K0ta

You always could and they'd be able to verify your order. I've never done in store pickup so I can't speak to that.

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

shippinggg notificationnnnn

[​IMG]

Serenity Now, Argus and Jim like this.
  21. momo32t

Trusted

I called and verified. Looks like they'll email me on Friday to come and claim it. Looks like they don't process payment until I come in to pick it up.

K0ta likes this.
  22. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I think the end of Service Road is my favorite part of the album. Hope it really feels/sounds like that on the way out.

23. bedwettingcosmo

had this album on this morning and was thinking about how much i underappreciate that song. god this album is phenomenal.

Serenity Now likes this.
  24. Jim

Trusted Supporter

My vinyl is here! The orange is tight

K0ta and Nate_Johnson like this.
  25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

ugh i have to wait until thursday for miiiiiine