Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Better Lovers • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by 333 GANG, Apr 17, 2023.

1. OptionParalysis

After spending the weekend with this I am obsessed with every song. Really excited to see how they continue to work in the melodic parts they have in sacrificial participant and god made me an animal. Hope we get a full length soon

2. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

What band is END?

3. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

literally my entire point. comparing this band to shit you heard for the first time when you were 15 isn’t even remotely fair to them

Drew Beringer likes this.
  4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

putney, the vocalist from counterparts and not sure who else but they rip to shreds

Phantoms and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  5. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

singer of counterparts, guitarist from Shai Hulud and fit for an autopsy (will), bassist is the singer of reign supreme and drummer is the drummer of the Dillinger escape plan

6. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Oh I thought that was an acronym and not the full name lol, I'll have to check them out since I love Counterparts and really dig the last two FFAA albums.

7. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I like END way more than Counterparts, it’s just balls to wall for 30 minutes and it’s all great.

Phantoms and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  8. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Uh, yeah it is, for me. Miss Machine and Gutter Phenomenon were two of my favorite albums in high school and when 4/5 of the players here had a huge impact on my musical journey over the years, the comparisons to those albums are inevitable for me whether it's justified in your eyes or not. It doesn't hit later ETID or TDEP albums for me either, but that's probably besides the point. Given how ETID ended, this EP not being filtered through that lens is impossible for me. For better or worse.

Enjoy it. Like I said, it's a decent EP that has the potential to grow if I give it a chance. I just probably won't because...well there's just better shit to me like Chepang, Snuffed on Sight, or Alienator that came out Friday I'll revisit more. Happens time and time again with my listening habits.

9. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

End is some heavy shit

10. Nate_Johnson Jul 9, 2023
    (Last edited: Jul 9, 2023)
    Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Hot take but I love him except his work on the new Incendiary album. @swboyd knows my woahs haha

swboyd likes this.
  11. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Pretty much where I am at. I am glad we got a new project out of two incredible bands but I do miss those two bands. Oh, what I would give for a new DEP album. Knowing Greg, I am sure he has ten other projects cooking along with his solo stuff.

PauLo and swboyd like this.
  12. Micah511

Putney records metal exactly how I like it. Anytime I hear something new and heavy that I like, I check the producer and 9/10 times it’s him. That new Judiciary is the prime example for me.

13. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I think it’s possible to do both! Acknowledging where they all came from and also respecting what they’re doing now together. The what if’s and could be’s don’t mean much at this point.

14. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

If you like Putney, you need to check out Taylor Young. I actually prefer him to Putney but both are solid.

15. Micah511

Definitely will! Any albums to highlight off the top of your head?

16. Nate_Johnson Jul 9, 2023
    (Last edited: Jul 9, 2023)
    Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Well, the most obvious would be the new Drain!

Ill DM you some other stuff so as not to derail the thread

Micah511 likes this.
  17. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This new ep does exactly what it sets out to do, and makes me rabid for the next step. They’ll only get better together

18. -deleted-

-

Had no idea Billy took over drums in END. I thought Andrew from Structures was still in. Both phenomenal but that’s more exciting to me than Greg in this band lol.

19. TomG

Trusted Supporter

I think Billy played on their full length right?

20. -deleted-

-

Looks like from a wiki check. Had no clue.

21. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I had always assumed it’s a revolving door of musicians besides Brendan

22. michael_gatto

Trusted

I want to like this more, but after a few listens nothing has clicked. Lots of talent involved though.

23. peoplearepoison

getting a lot of love for using Wikipedia lol

24. Hmm this slaps. Happy to hear Greg at his most manic again

25. peoplearepoison

Since no one asked, here is my opinion on the EP:

I think every song is 30 seconds too long. EP is good. It pretty much is exactly what you’d expect from the members involved. I truly don’t like the thrash metal part in the middle of 13 over 30 because I think it could have been such a slammer if that part was gone. Overall, good. Enjoyable. Rips. 5 dudes capable of more and I assume will only get better the more they play together. 7.5/10

LightWithoutHeat likes this.