Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Better Lovers • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by 333 GANG, Apr 17, 2023.

1. PauLo

43% Burnt

As a fan of ETID’s earlier stuff and all DEP, this definitely scratches that itch. It, as many have said, rips.

Phantoms, Crisp X, Rowan5215 and 2 others like this.
  2. PauLo

43% Burnt

Calculating Infinity is my favourite album of all time, so I’m with you there! They played 43% Burnt at their last ever London show and honestly nearly cried.

3. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

horrible takes abound in this thread. no shit this isn’t ETID lol let the past go

4. LightWithoutHeat

If I could just forget it

I'm pretty sure Jordan and company would appreciate as few ETID comparisons as possible.

Phantoms, MegT585 and sophos34 like this.
  5. satellitexyears

Death Touches Us, From the Moment we Begin to Love Supporter

First time I saw DEP was in 2004 in a small club in Toronto. I cant remember what song but I remember Greg yelling out "stage dive competition! " and it was just absolute chaos.

Ive been a huge fan of ETID since '02 and DEP since '01.

Those bands are untouchable.

Better Lovers is the next best thing best thing to fill the void of two seminal bands of the last two decades, it's everything I'd expect from all parties involved including Will! I can't wait to see them do a headline run and see the chaos ensue!

Phantoms and almightykingdom like this.
  6. hollowmines

Regular

the main thing I was hoping for from this was more fodder for running/working out and on that score it seems likely to be wonderful

hearing greg pull off (sorry) mike patton-level mania on "become so small" is awesome

imo the puciato-featuring masterpiece to beat so far is ire works, which is pretty much the apex of metalcore or whatever for me

7. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I also saw them for the first time in a teeny club in 2004!

8. tvck

Trusted

Ire Works just has banger after banger on it. Thanks for reminding me! Been awhile since I’ve listened

9. Dinkleberg

Go birds Supporter

This is cool. I’m on board

10. cherrywaves

Trusted

I like the first and last tracks where they get melodic. The other two are fine. Don’t really care for the production. Would listen to a full record.

11. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Any way you slice it, these songs are gonna go off live. Interested to see what a full set will look like song-wise too. I can only imagine how much pent up energy jordan steve and goose will have

12. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

If you like the more melodic parts of TDEP and haven't heard Greg's Black Queen project, you'll probably really dig it.

almightykingdom and Phantoms like this.
  13. Seconded. To follow up on the Trent Reznor comparison from earlier, those Black Queen albums have NIN and Alice In Chains vibes here and there.

14. PauLo

43% Burnt

Couldn't get into Black Queen or his solo stuff tbh. I need the maniacal Greg haha

15. satellitexyears

Ive seen them plenty of times in the early Miss Machine days.

Ex. As I'm sure any fan of DEP knows this video.

16. Hunter Norman

Regular

Jordan hinted that the songs to come will have even more new things going on so I'm excited to see how much more they play with the melodic stuff (and what other surprises they have up their sleeves). End of the day, this lineup was always going to be killer and the shows will absolutely go off. Can't stop spinning this EP so I can only imagine what's to come

sawhney[rusted]2 and Phantoms like this.
  17. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

The EP is okay. Good competently played stuff, but it honestly makes me miss prime era Every Time I Die and Dillinger more than anything else. Probably doesn't help me there were at least three more releases yesterday I was more excited about too.

Argus likes this.
  18. kupe

Regular

I absolutely love this, been on repeat since yesterday. I don't listen to a lot of heavy stuff and I wasn't a big fan of the vocals when the first single dropped coming from ETID but I got over it pretty quickly lol

19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

this is phenomenal and the more i see people grasping onto their old bands the angrier I get because this stands tall on its own I would still love it even if I had no idea who was involved. give some damn credit where it’s due.

20. Dinkleberg

Go birds Supporter

I can’t imagine comparing this to ETID considering the only members of that band who were around for longer than one album and are in this one are Jordan and Stephen

21. foomanfat

Regular

This thread needs more Putney appreciation.

Phantoms and sophos34 like this.
  22. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Putney is ridiculous END and FFAA are phenomenal bands

23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yeah if anything i like END way more than etid lol

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  24. satellitexyears

Not to mention all his production work too!

25. swboyd Jul 9, 2023
    (Last edited: Jul 9, 2023)
    swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

C'mon now - considering the breadth of discographies of everyone involved in this project, it's incredibly fair to compare it to their past work in their primary bands. Everyone has their own experiences and is going to filter it through their own sonic lens. It's great y'all find this phenomenal and it definitelt, but it just doesn't hit me the same like ETID and TDEP first did when I was 15 getting into more extreme music.

Crisp X and PauLo like this.