Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Better Lovers • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by 333 GANG, Apr 17, 2023.

1. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Little switch up at the end got me giddy.

Who up bettering they lovers rn

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  2. Ronald.

House of Protect Ron.

For an ETID follow-up band without Keith and the Big Man I don't think it gets better than this. I am excited to see where they are at a couple of albums in. Greg is a great pick as the frontman.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  3. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

Man, I wish I liked Greg's voice more. It always sounds so sharp and dry, and this song in particular feels like it would've worked a lot better with something more in Keith's register (and with more of the swagger he brought to ETID - Greg feels so stiff next to these riffs). I'm going to keep checking out whatever they put out, but I don't think this is the post-breakup band for me.

SAB22, waking season, kyle and 4 others like this.
  4. Ronald.

House of Protect Ron.

It was a big adjustment for me. After the Josh Scogin feature on Radical I was so hopeful they would pick him up as the vocalist. I wasn't a huge Dillinger fan prior. I like that he has a distinct style and isn't Keith Lite. There are a bunch of interviews with Greg and Jordan. It seems like they all have a great working relationship that is cool comparatively to the intense breakup with ETID. I haven't seen them live yet, but based on the videos they seem to be working the crowd big time as an opener.

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This is exactly how I feel.

waking season and mescalineeyes like this.
  6. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Imagine if the lead singer of Many Eyes hopped on this song.....

kyle, MegT585, emojedi and 2 others like this.
  7. tvck

Trusted

This is a banger

8. hollowmines

Regular

the lil tempo shifts are wild. good song.

GhostDiaper likes this.
  9. This slaps severely but just like the EP I already don't want to revisit it. It's such a direct continuation of ETID instrumentally that I keep expecting the impossible aka Keith being on it and I think I still haven't gotten over that. My mind keeps having these "Hmm interesting choice but Keith wouldn't have clean vocals there or would do this instead" thoughts and it's ruining it for me lol. I know it's not their fault. Hopefully this will fade away when the album comes out.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  10. somethingwitty

Trusted

I feel the same. I’ve enjoyed the Many Eyes stuff more than BL because I just can’t vibe with Greg’s vocals (or his questionable politics).

mescalineeyes likes this.
  11. Dinkleberg

Go birds Supporter

What’s the deal with Greg’s politics?

12. somethingwitty

Trusted

staunch libertarian.

13. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

oh god lol

14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

a. not surprising b. not something I particularly care about

new track rips

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

yeah it's not one the same level as something like the Trapt guys lol, which would be a different discussion imo

I Am Mick likes this.
  16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

if the trapt guys made better music maybe we could talk but of course part of the reason their music is so bad is because of their politics lol most of the time I couldn’t care less unless it’s a focal point of what the band does

17. The songs just don’t hit the same.

18. hollowmines

Regular

I am begging some of you to stop expecting this band to scratch the exact same itch as a different years-dead band.

19. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I like the music a lot but I’m also not a big fan of Greg’s voice. Still looking forward to their album and seeing them this summer.

The tempo change parts in this new song rule.

20. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

this song fucks

21. Hard to when it sounds exactly the same as that different years-dead band, but I get you. Wish it was this easy as it seems to be for others!

22. Dinkleberg

Go birds Supporter

New song is kinda whatever to me. I liked the EP, but the only song that has really stuck with me since that summer is 30 Under 13 and the two singles since then haven’t moved the needle for me

23. kupe

Regular

I like the new song and I like this band in general but the first time he sings "all the bodies are fuel for the fires" he sounds like Mr Poopy Butthole from Rick and Morty lol

sophos34 likes this.
  24. btr

Trusted Supporter

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  25. btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]