Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Better Lovers • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by 333 GANG, Apr 17, 2023.

1. kupe

Regular

I get goosebumps during the "deny your skin and bone" part in God Made Me An Animal every time. So good

almightykingdom likes this.
  2. ryan murphy

Regular Supporter

Visiting my wife’s family in Cleveland this week and took her cousin to the show tonight. They ripped. High fived Jordan after the show. Good night

3. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I subjected my wife to listening to this on a road trip this weekend, and she made a tik tok of it lol

she got 3 responses from people asking if it’s Better Lovers lmao, band is going to be huge

4. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Cleveland was insane last night.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  5. sawhney[rusted]2

Coney Island show got cancelled and now they show is at Irving Plaza - really considering it. Didn’t want to see them in such a large venue

6. OptionParalysis

Saw them last night, they sound really tight live and the new songs sound awesome! It’s crazy how strong Greg’s cleans have gotten since I last saw him at dillingers farewell shows

7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Is the ep good? Had no idea it was out

8. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Sure is

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

K I’ll put it on the rotation

10. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

11. halfinvented

I know I am a bit late considering this album came out a month ago, but I just looked up Better Lovers and am utterly shocked at the album artwork. It looks like anti-black imagery to me. Am I wrong here? Like how has no one called them out for this?

12. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I don’t think using the color black in artwork, especially art that’s kind of abstract, is meant to represent black people specifically at all. The band would never consider using the art if it was blatantly racist.

swboyd, sawhney[rusted]2, btr and 6 others like this.
  13. Mtlman1331

Trusted

feels like you are looking for something where there is nothing to look for. It’s def just an abstract art pieces with two distinct colors. Nothing to see here.

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

This website is really something sometimes lol

15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

They have an album?

justin. likes this.
  16. 333 GANG

ACAB

Cameron likes this.
  17. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I think halfinvented is Keith

18. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Hi Keith. Do you have any plans to release music ?

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  19. halfinvented

If you google old racist art and look at the images, they seem really close to this artwork to me. Dark figures, exaggerated expressions, contorted bodies, bright red lips, and bright white eyes. Out of all the contrasting colors to choose from, choosing black and red seems like a poor choice to me. I understand people think it's abstract, but it is definitely a body with a heart, eyes, nose and mouth. No denying that's a person and making that person a dark color with bright red lips ... it just invokes a very uncomfortable feeling for me. And NOT in a "this artwork is abstract and makes me feel weird way."

20. Mtlman1331

Trusted

imagine going “I think this artwork is racist!”

and like 20 people go I don’t see it, I see this this and this.

person still goes “no this is racist”

T E A L likes this.
  21. sawhney[rusted]2

[​IMG]

22. T E A L

Regular

Then stop listening to them. You've clearly already made up your mind. That said, no one else believes - or even has any legitimate reason to believe beyond your unpopular, individual perception - that the artwork is racist or has racist undertones. It seems to me like you're trying to create an issue out of nothing.

chris-wrecker likes this.
  23. Y’all don’t have to agree with them but can we not let this person say their piece without swinging on them like this?? If it makes them uncomfortable they should be allowed to bring it up and explain why

24. Mtlman1331

Trusted

Yea we did, the first time they explained themselves and everyone disagreed. But the second time where they say that everyone is wrong, is when the retort gets a little more firm.

T E A L likes this.
  25. The first post raised the concern, then people disagreed, then the second post explained where they were coming from. They never said anyone was wrong, all they did was explain their perspective. God forbid they make two posts about it. Y’all are too much sometimes