Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Better Call Saul (AMC) TV Show • Page 79

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DeviantRogue, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The world and characters they’ve created with this show is so good I don’t mind basking in it a little longer.

estebanwaseaten and Orla like this.
  2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Lol yeah, idk where anybody is in a rush to go

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I think it’s become less “exciting” since Nacho died and there’s less cartel and crime shit. It’s not bad, just kind of different. I know the plot line with Howard is leading to something, but it still just feels odd.

the dude who plays Lalo is charismatic as fuck but I still can’t feel like Lalo as a villain is basically a cartoon character. He feels lot of place in the show

4. onionbubs

Regular

ngl lalo is easily the least cartoony feeling salamanca to me

5. DooDooBird

Trusted

He's the Salamanca who smiles the most. He's very cartoony in my opinion. lol. Didn't he break into a western union a couple seasons ago and it was like the most slapstick shit in the entire series? Or did I just dream that?

I Am Mick likes this.
  6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It's gonna be fun in here when huge stuff goes down in Monday's episode lol

Cameron and estebanwaseaten like this.
  7. Anthony_

Was curious how the directing duties were being handled for the finale so I looked it up. Gilligan directed episode 12, Gould directed the series finale.

8. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Yeah its been picked apart, but he does like some sort of physics defying jump up into the ceiling tiles and then back down on the other side of the counter in like 3 seconds somehow

9. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Apparently they didn’t know the season was gonna be split up when they wrote it so I’m not sure Monday’s episode is gonna be as massive as
    some are hoping for. But they’ve clearly been holding stuff back the last few episodes to create more payoff for the Howard stuff so you gotta imagine SOMETHING big happens on “D-day”

10. Anthony_

We're going to watch Kim try to force "D-Day" to happen on Monday so that alone should be pretty eventful.

11. Maverick

Trusted

The closer we get to the end, the more worried I get for Kim. Just seeing her career implode would be heartbreaking.

12. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I think they said there is still an inadvertent cliffhanger in the mid-season finale so we’ll see. Not expecting anything devastating but I will be happy to be wrong there.

13. Anthony_

Once they learned the season would be split, there’s a reason why they chose to end the first half with the next episode instead of with this week’s. Kim pulling that u-turn and abandoning her pitch meeting could’ve been a serviceable mid-season cliffhanger but they decided to do one more episode instead. There’s a reason they did that instead of opening the second half with next week’s episode.

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Gianni, kidwithhelmet, Brent and 4 others like this.
  15. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I’m loving this season. Idk!

Cameron and slimfenix182 like this.
  16. DooDooBird

Trusted

I’m fine with them dialing back on the past couple episodes. The Nacho episode was sooooo good.

17. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

I don’t know enough about how TV is made for this to be anything more than conjecture, but I wonder if they shuffled stuff around to create the mid-season cliffhanger. Like, bringing the Howard stuff forward at the expense of Lalo.
    There’s a Nacho-sized hole that you would have expected them to fill with Lalo but he’s basically barely been in it.

18. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

19. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I don’t want them to fill in the Nacho hole with
    more cartel stuff! That side of the show is never as interesting! I do think they’ve been dragging their heels a bit with the Howard stuff. But I’d still rather watch that than basically anything else.

20. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

See I like the cartel stuff more I think.

Night Channels and brothemighty like this.
  21. What happened to that latte traumatized me more than Hank's death

22. brothemighty

Trusted

this show is fucking so good
    hopefully the howard plotline pays out next episode

imthesheriff likes this.
  23. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Brent and Mrk_Brdshw like this.
  24. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

Regardless of how this season was written (IE no intention of splitting it), the way the last few episodes have gone, are pointing to this being a culmination of a few threads so I expect it to be faster paced and pretty impactful in the overall arc our of dear leads. I'm worried for Howard and the more I think about how little Jimmy has cared about his brothers death, the more I have sympathy for him and hope he's not done too poorly (IE jail or death).

25. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Yeah I'm A-OK with no cliffhanger, but I still fully anticipate something being called D-Day to bring about some interesting consequences for some of the characters.