Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Better Call Saul (AMC) TV Show • Page 45

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DeviantRogue, Mar 7, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Wow wow wow, what an episode

Cameron and dallasc like this.
  2. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

straight up the greatest thing I've seen on TV in years. that glowstick scene, fuck me

3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Mike removing the gas cap was a great callback to season 1 (or was it 2?).

Same with Saul looking at the space blanket and not wanting to wear it because of it reminding him of Chuck

Cameron, slimfenix182, Serh and 5 others like this.
  4. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

When the space banket blew away at the end. Goddamn this show is so good

5. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

It’s insane that I know so many people who say Breaking Bad is one of their favorite shows ever, but refuse to give this the time of day.

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Dirty Sanchez and astereo like this.
  7. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

honestly thought they were going to play Eminem "My Name Is" for a hot second instead of the song they sampled for it but that probably would of been too on the nose

8. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

troyplaysbass and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  9. Rowan5215

surely that scene with Kim convinced people who weren't sure about Lalo as a villain? dude is absolutely fucking terrifying and perfectly portrayed

10. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

this show

the greatest

Rowan5215 likes this.
  11. zigbigwig

that shootout scene was immaculate

Rowan5215 and RyanPm40 like this.
  12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

maybe my favorite episode after thinking about it

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

"this" to everything mentioned

astereo likes this.
  14. dallasc

Trusted

Been a really long time since I’ve watched S1 of breaking bad and this is very neat

I Am Mick, Chris289 and zigbigwig like this.
  15. zigbigwig

i forgot about this

does this mean if Lalo or Nacho doesn’t make it to the end of BCS, Saul definitely won’t know it?

16. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Kim's def in it now

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It either means Lalo and Nacho survive, or Saul doesn’t know they’re dead.

I doubt Lalo just disappears from the story entirely, so since he’s not around in BB he’s probably going to die. Nacho could live considering he wants out anyway. But could go either way for both of them.

irthesteve likes this.
  18. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

My DVR only recorded the first 16 minutes of Bagman :/

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Guys

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’m so euphoric right now. We needed an episode like that to pull us out of what’s happening. Only a way the world of BCS could do.

as others mentioned with the blanket. Almost as if Jimmy was shedding his snake-like skin of the past. Full embracing Saul. No half measures anymore.

got damnn this show.

RyanPm40 and irthesteve like this.
  21. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Two possible outcomes come to mind:

1. Lalo becomes so impressed with Kim's fearlessness that he ditches Saul for her because he can't trust a guy who would tell his wife about this stuff.

2. He gets Kim killed either to send a message to Saul, or because she rather stupidly threatened telling the authorities that he's a Salamanca.

22. Rowan5215

the bullet hole through his "World's 2nd Best Laywer" mug and the space blanket blowing away are two of the best uses of visual symbolism I've ever seen on TV

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

Chris289 and Cameron like this.
  24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

That episode had me so stressed for Kim

25. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

On the insider podcast (taken from reddit) It's worth listening to in its entirety to hear production details (it made me appreciate the episode even more), but at about 26 minutes, Jonathan Banks tells a story about the life that unexpectedly came out of the desert in To'Hajiilee. He said that while they were filming the scene under the tree (when Jimmy wants to bury the money), a small dog showed up and laid down in between the two of them. The crew got her water and fed her, and then the next time they were there, she came back again. Bob went to the authorities on the reservation and asked if they could take her back to ABQ with them, and was given permission. He got her to a vet, and discovered she was pregnant (she'd also never been on grass before, and they were able to see her experience that). When the time came, Rhea helped midwife the puppies. All the puppies were adopted, and Patrick Fabian took the mother dog and one of her puppies home to his girls. Jonathan said, "It was really wonderful," and then near the end of the podcast, as he's praising Bob's acting and the authenticity he finds in playing Jimmy, particularly in regards to his desire to survive and make it home to Kim, Jonathan mentioned that it comes from that true place in Bob, that he's the kind of guy who brought a little dog out of the desert, "that's who Bobby Odenkirk is."