Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Better Call Saul (AMC) TV Show • Page 30

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DeviantRogue, Mar 7, 2016.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Exactly.

2. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

It's because I think Odenkirk and the writers have brought Jimmy alive as a complex and tragic character in a really different way. That's not a knock on Cranston at all but by the time we got to the big fireworks - factory endings in Breaking Bad like seasons 3 and 4, I was already pretty done with feeling any sympathy for Walt as a character. His trajectory in that show was a pretty simple good to evil; Jimmy is so beautiful and heartbreaking because he tries, falls apart, tries again but he just keeps slipping little by little

EDIT: and sure Crawl Space is a masterpiece of acting on Cranston's part, but it wasn't as much a gut punch for me again because I had no illusions about Walt being in the right or his potential for redemption at that point

3. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Yeah I mean it's hard to compare to BB, Crawl Space is just like an all time great. But I care way more about Jimmy than Walt as a person. You see on social media it's complaining like "this is too slow, where is Saul already" constantly, meanwhile I'm just like "I'm not in that big a hurry to get rid of Jimmy" lol. He's definitely gone now though

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  4. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I really don't mind the pacing of BCS at all. I also don't care if and when they ever catch up with Breaking Bad, so maybe that factors into it.

Dan Quinlan and slimfenix182 like this.
  5. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah I’m in no hurry for it to just be breaking bad lite. I’m enjoying the pace.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I want it to end just because I want to know how it ends

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

All these characters tell so much just with facial expressions and subtext. Watching skins face in that final scene told us everything we needed to know, and it’s so heartbreaking how oblivious Jimmy is to what he is doing to her. I even fell for it too in all honesty I think after seeing him break down in the car, it made it seem like he finally was having an emotional breakthrough, but it turns out that was really just the death of Jimmy.

And Mike having to kill Vernor was equally heartbreaking cus it’s clear Mike really came to be fond of him. I honestly thought Mike was going to set him free somehow but I like that Mikes grace to him was letting him call his wife and go out peacefully, rather than the most likely more savage way Gus’s men would’ve dealt with it.

Rowan5215 and imthesheriff like this.
  8. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I am so frustrated with AMC. I have not been able to watch any episodes of this season because they make it so difficult. When I got back from a vacation in August, my DVR didn't record the first episode of the season. By the time I got caught up with other shows, the first episode was no longer available for free through AMC. Now I have episodes 2-10 sitting on my DVR and I've been waiting for a reairing of the first one to no avail. Any ideas on how I can watch?

9. slimfenix182

I don't know about iTunes options and whatnot but if you just need to find the first episode you could watch it for 1.99 on Youtube

10. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

It’s also on Amazon for $1.99 SD and $2.99 HD.

11. jols

Trusted Prestigious

I would probably find it somewhere by googling "project free tv" or something and then watch the rest the proper way.

12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yup. There are so many easy ways to watch for free

13. stayillogical

Thanks. Maybe I'll find something and chromecast it to my tv. I don't want to pay out of principle, haha.

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

What principle though lol you’re not entitled to free tv

15. stayillogical

I pay so much for Verizon, I have AMC! I had the episode set in my DVR and I have zero clue as to why it didn't record if the second episode did while I was on a trip. I also have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu. So I'm not paying for a single episode of tv that should have been available to me. Haha. That's what I mean.

I Am Mick, mattfreaksmeout and jols like this.
  16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I'm entitled to free tv

Kuri44 and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Lol fair enough. Actually I guess I just catch things on demand if I miss them and deal with the limited commercials so i'd be mad too haha

If you want to start a crowd funding campaign for this, I'll contribute $.01 towards the purchase of this episode.

18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I'm just a shitty person, this is well established on this site tho.

19. stayillogical

Haha, thanks. That's what makes me mad too. Like why can't the entire current season be available on demand? It's only the most recent 4 episodes. They made it so difficult for me to catch up on one episode, they lost me as a viewer all season.

Whalejaw and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

That's me with Lodge 49. I was finally ready to give it a shot and the first two episodes weren't on demand, so I guess I'm not gona watch it

21. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

I'm confused at the whole "Kim fell for it" thing. I mean she literally helped him fake grieve at the grave and the library opening. Plus she pointed out the whole insincere thing about not mentioning Chuck at the first hearing.

DooDooBird likes this.
  22. mattfreaksmeout Oct 16, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 16, 2018)
    mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

She was helping him to get his license back, yes. But it was evident in the season that Kim really believed Jimmy was more or less in denial about Chuck's death (or at least his grief about Chuck's death). She helped him fake grieve, but I think in the court room, when he wouldn't read the letter, she thought that he actually was having a breakthrough and that meant what he was saying, but he was actually just playing everyone once again.

23. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Do you have chrome cast? You can log in to amc.com with your Verizon info and cast all the episodes onto your tv, Or watch it on your computer. I think they have the entire season online. That’s how I’ve been watching the episodes every Tuesday at work

24. slimfenix182

I shouldn't have fallen for it either but he really seemed sincere in the finale. Sold the shit out of it did Bob. Not hard to believe Kim would fall for that, despite what led up to it. Sure she was dying to find some feeling from Jimmy about Chuck.

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I mean same I kind of did too. Because I think Kim is basically our vessel for seeing Jimmy, and like Kim, we all wanted to believe he really did care that his brother died, despite their difficulties.

slimfenix182 likes this.