Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Better Call Saul (AMC) TV Show • Page 29

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DeviantRogue, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Kim’s face when she realized Jimmy was just bullshitting again was fucking devastating

2. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Fuck that was great.

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Shhhheeeeeeeeiiiiiitt

4. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Shit that was rough with Werner. And with Kim at the end. This show man

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Has a series every flown by so quickly? I feel like every season is over before we know it. And there's always such a long time between seasons.

I'm thinking we'll get two more seasons. I also don't think a full season will be dedicated to Gene/Post BB. I think that'll just be a few final episodes as opposed to a full season.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  6. delvec19

Trusted

Welp he's finally Saul Goodman. Looks like we'll finally get a full season of pure Saul and possibly him working with Mike again like a lot of us wanted. Should really be interesting what exactly happens with Kim, Nacho and Lalo before we enter the BB timeline.

7. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I think we might see a full season of Gene but with a lot of flashbacks to events during the BrBa timeline

astereo likes this.
  8. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Oh my god what an impressive finale. I was a little bothered, as has been mentioned by others here, that there was such a decisive separation of characters this season but in the back of my mind I knew it had to be intentional to get us to a certain point. Hell, they literally gave us an actual scene this season where Mike straight up tells Jimmy “my character and your character are gonna take a break for a while. See ya when we’ve both definitively sold our souls.”

Next season everything is going to start converging in the worst way and I am dreading it. I just love how this show is constantly subverting expectations on top of just how much is going on here. They gave us a literal Chekhov’s gun with Mike’s gun in the glove compartment, but it wasn’t Lalo he used it on. Instead...poor Werner.

On that note we get two speeches of similarity from both Jimmy and Mike which are aimed at outward sources but are clearly meant for themselves. Jimmy yells at that girl telling her that, to the HHM’s of the world, she will always be her mistakes so quit trying to impress them and do it your own way instead. It’s like he’s talking to a younger, idealistic, version of himself who once believed he could prove his brother wrong by being just like him. Then Mike yells at Werner, asking him “what did you think was going to happen?” He’s visibly pained over what he has to do because Werner has become a friend, but Gus is a ruthless man and Mike knew that full well going in. What did you think was going to happen, Mike?

Then to top it all off with that gut punch of an ending really seals the deal. Jimmy pulls one over on not just the bar, but on the audience as well. We hope to see Jimmy like Kim believes she does. In a way, he is there, and that’s what makes it all the more tragic. Jimmy does feel some of the things he’s saying deep down, but he has now learned to remove himself from his emotions and instead use them to masterfully manipulate others into getting what he wants. He doesn’t even realize that Kim is one of those “suckers” he has just so callously referred to. Neither does she until that moment and it’s devastating.

9. Great finale, what an ending. He's gone.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  10. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

Man that last scene. I physically felt Kim’s reaction

LightWithoutHeat and Nyquist like this.
  11. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

i just read somewhere that Lalo is mentioned in this clip, and I just had to see it for myself:

Joe and Matt like this.
  12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

When I rewatched BB just last month I remember seeing this scene, before Lalo was introduced on BCS, and I was like DAMN THATS GOTTA DO WITH THE END OF BETTER CALL SAUL I BET.

zigbigwig likes this.
  13. zigbigwig Oct 9, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 9, 2018)
    zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I am ready to take a break because this season was emotionally exhausting, but man I'm so excited doing this all over again next season.

14. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I need to rewatch breaking bad. I watched it from the first season as it aired so I haven’t seen the first season in almost 11 years.

15. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Just caught up with the last three episodes and i feel so uncomfortable. What amazing tv

16. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

i need the last shot in the desert with Mike framed. That was gorgeous

17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Hectors Nephew ninja-ing his way I to the ceiling and falling down on his feet with the gun was so jarringly wacky that I couldn’t believe I saw it.

Kind of hate that guy

18. Pseudo!

Regular

Apparently that ceiling hopping by Lalo was literally ripped from a true story, Peter Gould talks about it on the insider podcast after someone asked if that was actually possible

19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Pretty good finale, but I wasn't really left.... WOWed like other finales have had me, more of just like... "good stuff." Overall it's pretty easily my least favorite season of the show, but even my least favorite Saul season is a great season

20. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

yeah... I think the last scene we saw with Jimmy as Jimmy was him breaking down crying in the parking lot at HHM, and fuck me that is just so sad

how did he even get up there in like 15 seconds making no noise at all? supremely dumb moment in a near perfect episode

Joe and Anthony Brooks like this.
  21. Matt

Agreed that Lalo going into and dropping out of the ceiling was super goofy in an otherwise great episode

Kyle Max and Anthony Brooks like this.
  22. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

The last 6-7 minutes of this episode left me genuinely shaken in a way even Breaking Bad never quite did

23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I loved the last scene or so, but in no world did it hit me the way that most of Breaking Bad did

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah, same.

25. Matt

Crawl Space