Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Better Call Saul (AMC) TV Show • Page 28

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DeviantRogue, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Bob Odenkirk is so good at playing "insincere sincerity" with Jimmy's character. His answer to "what does the Law mean to you" was like watching an uncomfortable job interview where the interviewee is just trying to sell you on hiring them without actually meaning any of it.

Rowan5215, Joe, imthesheriff and 2 others like this.
  2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Really don’t want this season to end yet.

3. Love Kim/Jimmy so much, the transformation has been fascinating.

I really hope we get at least one season of pure Saul instead of watching how every little thing came to be. I could care less about the cartel, the Salamancas or how they built the lab. I love Mike but they could've written him into something better this season.

4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah, this season has been great but the Cartel story arcs have been quite sub-par. Knowing this show though it can be setting up something tonight that will be A+ next season.

5. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

Soooo Lalo is going to pickup the German that ran away right?

6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Eh I love Nacho and Gus cutting off Hector's care was sinister. Also Gus suffocating the guy was one of the best scenes of the series. Have really no issues with the Cartel stuff. Werner is a nobody in the grand scheme of the BB universe and I even feel bad about what (likely) will happen to him

7. slimfenix182

But there was a lot more badass stuff prior to this season, getting Tuco put away, Mike ripping off trucks, Nacho swapping the pills etc. Everything is solid still but perhaps not as exciting per se on the Cartel front this year. Has never bored me is all I'm saying haha.

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah we are just comparing different qualities of gold here. Is that an expression? Did I just invent one? Idk.

imthesheriff and slimfenix182 like this.
  9. Why Bother? Oct 8, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 8, 2018)
    It's never not good. I think the problem is they created something so special and different in the Kim/Chuck/Jimmy side of the show, it's created a bit of a dissonance with the cartel and Mike. It's like a b-side for BrBa versus a top-notch, quality show of its own.

At this point I would love to be seeing Mike work with fully transformed Saul, I'm sad we're not getting much of that since it's only season left (I don't think this will go on longer than BrBa?)

Nacho is also one of the best characters in this but similar to Mike supervising the lab construction he's wasted as bystander to Hector getting the bell attached to his wheelchair.

nfggc10 likes this.
  10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I have loved everything with Jimmy/Kim, just top notch storytelling and acting. I have also loved the storyline with Mike and the underground crew. But I do have to agree... most of the rest has kinda fallen to the wayside this season, not all that exciting to me

kbeef2 likes this.
  11. kbeef2 Oct 8, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 8, 2018)
    kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Agreed 100%. The cartel stuff just feels like fan service, especially when it’s not focusing on Nacho. Would happily trade most Gus scenes for another scene with Jimmy and Kim. Or for a scene with Howard, who I don’t think we’ve seen since the time jump.

Side note: tonight’s ep runs 85 minutes with commercials which I believe makes it the longest episode yet.

Why Bother? and irthesteve like this.
  12. I love Howard, Patrick Fabian is fantastic.

I'll be sad if we don't see more of him. I love any scene he's in.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  13. slimfenix182

They couldn't have cast this show any better

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I did not have faith in Kim season 1 and boy did she prove me wrong.

astereo and Why Bother? like this.
  15. Maverick

Trusted

Sad tonight is the last episode of the season. My guess is we’re gonna get two more seasons (After all BCS has had 40 episodes so far and BrBa had 63 total) perhaps next season will ultimately bridge BCS and BrBa together, with the last season taking place in post BrBa B&W world. Tradition holding we’ll be getting another glimpse into that tonight.

16. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

This is fun, they are doing a livestream of a stakeout:

and I have no idea why

17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I could watch Mike do this tracking stuff for an hour and a half idgaf :crylaugh:

18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

LETS GO

astereo likes this.
  19. Bring on season 5

20. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Goddamn what a final scene

slimfenix182, oldjersey and astereo like this.
  21. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

‘Better Call Saul’: Showrunner Peter Gould Breaks Down Season 4 – Rolling Stone

astereo and oldjersey like this.
  22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

What a tremendous job they have done on this show, I remember upon announcement of this series I was very iffy about it, the writers and Gould/Gilligan (looks like it was mostly Gould this season) have somehow kept the standard that BB set. It's so damn impressive.

Kuri44 and astereo like this.
  23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Zero Nacho in this episode if I recall correctly.

24. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

From this interview: "We have the scenes that all take place before Walter White gets his diagnosis, but then we have this world of Omaha which all takes place after the events of “Breaking Bad,” or could very well take place after the events of “Breaking Bad.” And I think there’s more to say about it."

Funny how he takes care to not definitively say that the Gene scenes take place fully after the Breaking Bad timeline. My interpretation was that they were always a few years down the line and thus post-Walt's death, but it's interesting that they're leaving that possibility open.