Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Better Call Saul (AMC) TV Show • Page 23

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DeviantRogue, Mar 7, 2016.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Comic-Con trailer

local_corn likes this.
  2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Gonna rewatch season 3 today while I'm playing on my switch. I can't remember shit.

3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

This show is so easy to watch. Not a dull second which is amazing when you see the plot just on paper. Season 3 rewatch has been so enjoyable. I recommend everyone do it.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  4. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Already renewed for season 5!

5. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Yes. That's awesome. That should ensure completion. I think 5 seasons would be just right.

6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yeah, hopefully season 5 is the last. I am very curious where these post-breaking bad scenes are going to go.

7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’m loving my re watch of s3. Can’t wait til next month

oldjersey likes this.
  8. delvec19

Trusted

I started re-watching Season 3 a couple weeks ago thinking it would lead me up the 4 premiere. Finished it in like 4 days. Really is such an easy watch.

irthesteve and slimfenix182 like this.
  9. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Is it even a hot take at this point to say this show is better than BB?

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I definitely wouldn't agree with that, but I am sure there are plenty of people who feel that way

JM95 likes this.
  11. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

I rewatched season 3 of Saul a couple weeks back and I’m halfway through season 1 of Breaking Bad today. I would say Saul is just as easy to watch, where each episode compels you to watch further, but overall I think BB is still better

Rowan5215 likes this.
  12. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I think BCS is better, personally. So much layered, complex, beautiful character work that keeps me coming back to watch again and again to see things I missed and subtleties in the performances. For all BB's strengths, subtlety is not one of them - it gives up all the goods the first time you watch, which makes that first watch one of the most thrilling experiences in TV ever, but rewatching isn't particularly rewarding.

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This really snuck up on me. Can't believe it's back on Monday!

14. lati

I definitely disagree with that statement that it's not particularly rewarding.

15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

16. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Didn't realize the season premiere was right around the corner. Need to binge season 3 ASAP

17. lati

Ohhhh man. I just got to S02E08 of Breaking Bad last night where Saul comes in to bail out Badger. When Walt and Jesse kidnap him, he did the dollar for representation trick, Francesca is still the office assistant, and he names several people who I assume he's working for, and that just made me sooooo excited for this new season of BCS. A fifth season was confirmed too, right? (Sorry, tight on time right now to double check ha)

irthesteve likes this.
  18. slimfenix182

Yeah renewed for season 5 already

19. lati

20. slimfenix182

Seriously though thank god this show is back Monday I can't wait.

21. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Rewatching season 3, it’s crazy how hard they were foreshadowing the ending. Seems like every episode has at least one reference to the house burning down

zigbigwig, slimfenix182 and oldjersey like this.
  22. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I didn't know Vince was still part of this. I thought he took a backseat in the BB universe to work on other stuff.

23. slimfenix182

As far as I know he's always been involved? Idk just looking at IMDB quick he's listed as a writer as of the end of last season. Not sure if that's just cause he created it or is actively writing. I'm not really up on these types of things lol

zigbigwig likes this.
  24. local_corn

an existential crisis mixtape

if i'm not mistaken, he's pretty involved. but yeah, maybe not to the extent that he was with BB. he directed the first two episodes of season 3 and him and peter are on every episode of the BCS podcast (which is really great).

zigbigwig likes this.
  25. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Oh gotcha, thanks for the clarification. For some reason I thought he wasn't.

I haven't rewatched BB recently so I'm not sure if it can compare, but the shots on BCS are so good. A lot of the scenes could be wallpapers or posters. There have been a handful of times where I just paused the show so I could stare lol.

local_corn and slimfenix182 like this.