Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Better Call Saul (AMC) TV Show • Page 115

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DeviantRogue, Mar 7, 2016.

1. 5Stories

Regular

I was kinda hoping it would be another show in the Methverse, ngl.

2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Joe, Brent and atticusfinch like this.
  3. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

They've been on such a winning streak from BB, BCS, and El Camino, I think they're afraid to screw with the legacy of it all. I don't believe there's another story to be told here, at least not in a way where you put another one of these characters in a leading role and have other BB/BCS characters make appearances. Aging just won't allow for much more from any of these actors. If they did one (either movie or show), it'd have to be detached enough from the main characters for it to exist. They're going out on such a high note here as it stands. I understand wanting more though. I get it. The writing, production, directing, acting, casting, effects, sets, lighting, editing, etc... have all been so top notch and incredible, i'd trust anything that this crew of individuals want to put together in the future.

RyanPm40 and Supernova like this.
  4. 5Stories

Regular

I was wondering if they'd be tempted to follow up El Camino with a middle aged Jesse. That being said, El Camino was my least favourite thing they've done but I'd still trust them to pull off a TV series if they wanted to.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Too bad RJ Mitte wasn't a better actor.

6. slimfenix182

Marie's Minerals

Marie opens up a rock store to honor Hank's memory

macbethfan and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Do another prequel with Mike's days as a cop. But only if they age down Jonathan Banks like this

CarpetElf and RyanPm40 like this.
  8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I still never watched El Camino.

9. Morrissey

Trusted

El Camino was the worst of the three and it shows the limits to expanding these stories. Better Call Saul is a minor miracle.

imthesheriff and RyanPm40 like this.
  10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

the worst of the three is still a good film/episode however

Cameron likes this.
  11. slimfenix182

Was worth it for the vacuum shop scene alone. It was a solid watch. I'm sure I could rank it above some Breaking Bad episodes, no slight intended. I'm glad it exists

Orla and atticusfinch like this.
  12. Maverick

Trusted

I’ve been waiting to watch the entire “methverse” chronologically after this show ended but boy I’m gonna have to draw out a timeline cause I’ll be randomly jumping between BCS and BB for a bit before getting to El Camino/B&W Gene world.

can’t believe it all ends next week :(

Cameron and irthesteve like this.
  13. Pseudo!

Regular

Yeah, El Camino is easily the weak point of this interconnected universe. Vince’s original idea for El Camino sounded more thoughtful and interesting to me, but apparently his partner and the BCS writers room talked him into what it ended up being

14. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

What was Vince's original idea out of curiosity? I agree that I found El Camino to be much weaker than the two shows

15. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

drove thorough it the other day on the way from buffalo to southern maine and hooooly Shit the highway was full of psychos around Worcester. 5 accidents in a fairly small area causing an hour ish standstill

PolarBlare and cherrywaves like this.
  16. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Massachusetts driving (at least the northern areas I usually visit) gives me so much anxiety. Worcester, Lynn, Boston.. I hate it haha. The roads are so poorly maintained and nobody knows how to drive

Brent likes this.
  17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Give it a few weeks, Reddit will surely map it out for you

Orla, bobby_runs and Maverick like this.
  18. devenstonow

Noobie

Apparently she's been in too many episodes to be eligible for Guest Actress which probably hurts her chances

19. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

El Camino was pretty bad.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. slimfenix182

She can be supporting actress if they feel like being brave and submitting Rhea for lead I suppose. I imagine no way they try to give Rhea their own competition in a category

Idk how this shit works though. Rhea has always been supporting right? Can she be a lead nom as well?

21. Pseudo!

Regular

Vince did an interview where he detailed in vague lines about the general direction he’d written, he said the original script began with Jesse already having escaped to Mexico, where the tone was more introspective with him dealing with his trauma, but never finding peace with himself. Then he meets a woman in trouble and ends up saving her but winds up in prison where he finally finds peace.

Then he said everyone he showed it to said it was a bad idea and that he couldn’t put Jesse in prison, so then he went back and focused on the part of Jesse’s initial escape instead of what came after the escape, which I think was a big mistake

Rowan5215, imthesheriff and RyanPm40 like this.
  22. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

This is exactly what my wife said. She gave up watching a long time ago (like season 1 or 2, not for her) but I tell her all about it as I go, and when I said I thought he'd end up in jail she said 'yeah, and he'll be running the prison and scamming people and the go to guy' so yeah, maybe that's what we'll get. Jimmy/Saul/Gene in jail where he's the king of his domain but no one to really harm as it's a self contained eco system.

A serious suggestion based on the teaser we got is that somehow Gene and Kim meet and that means bad things for her confession since she mentioned specifically the only person who could still be alive is her ex-husband so the 'call' in the trailer for the disappearing act is Saul on behalf of Kim to save her after their paths cross again

23. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

You know, I think they could still pull off that idea even after El Camino, but even though it sounds interesting, I think I agree that putting him in prison is potentially a bad idea. I don't know. After he spent so much time being trapped in a cage and shackled to a bunch of equipment (and ending the show finally driving away with his freedom), it would feel odd seeing him thrown back in prison. I guess they would have to find a really convincing way to show him "finding peace" to pull that off. haha.

5Stories likes this.
  24. slimfenix182

Yeah part of that sounds fine but throwing him back in prison.. nah. Let somebody in this universe have a decent ending lol

Mrk_Brdshw likes this.
  25. 5Stories

Regular

Apparently the original idea was also going to involve Jesse having lots of PTSD hallucinations of Jack following him.